Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broke down

It has been one thing after another recently and it is getting a bit tiresome.

Am starting to wonder what happened in between 2007 and 2011, which is where there is a gap in the service history (full VW up to that point) and apparently only did 20,000km.

Don't think it's cooling, that seems to work quiet well. Turbo will make it run a little warmer, but we're not running masses of extra power. Temp goes up and down depending on how hard the engine is working, so it all seems under control to me.

Meh, we'll get there. Should have quite a nice van by the time I've replaced everything.

Luckily nothing much booked at the mo, but hopefully we'll be back on the road soon.

Turbo??? Do you also have the oil spray to the underside of the pistons that VW installed on the turbo models?

S.

Doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm, my T4 Guru insists this is the reason many turbo conversions end in tears.
VW are quite good at doing things right.

Let us know what the diagnosis is? Fingers crossed it won't be too costly. :?

S.

Good news is that the engine hasn't seized.

So something is in there stopping the engine turning over. Possibly a valve. Which probably isn't good news...

lack of diesel in the tank? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sympathy period has ended, hasn't it? :D

I distinctly remember putting fuel in it sometime this year.

No not quite. We still have a bit left.

So describe the sequence of events, noises, smells etc, we can have a poll on what's let go :?

S.

Rumbling noise and lots of vibration. Think I might have turned the engine off, rather than it cutting out. Anyway, wouldn't turn over when I tried to restart. No smells, no leaking anything anywhere.

Mechanic thinks it's likely to be a valve that's now living in one of the cylinders, but he didn't have time today to look in more detail.

Ooooooo not toooooo embarrassing then? :eek:

S.

No, not something that I could really have foreseen or is out of synch with any kind of maintenance as far as I am aware of.

You have a maintenance program then???? How does that work? :?

S.

Every 5,000 miles I chuck some more oil in it. Think that's right?

Back