Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buzzing noise in rear cupboard

D

Darren cryne

Vehicle
Just browsing
sorry but I'm a newbie. Been sat in van showing friends everything. Turned ignition off and can here a buzzing noise from back area where gas bottle is.
Anyone know what it might be.
Cheers

sorry but I'm a newbie. Been sat in van showing friends everything. Turned ignition off and can here a buzzing noise from back area where gas bottle is.
Cheers
Are you plugged into the Mains.
Rear cupboard area has the Electrical Isolator Switch and below and to the front of Gas Cylinder holder the rear Leisure Battery and Charger. In boot , L side there is an access panel to Leisure Battery and Charger.

By the way, what vehicle do you have?

Hi. New T6 ocean
Not on mains. Isolator switch in off position.
Having changed anything from picking up..
Cheers

Maybe it's a charging noise. But engine was turned off.

Hi. New T6 ocean
Not on mains. Isolator switch in off position.
Having changed anything from picking up..
Cheers
Don't know what else it could be that side, BUT on the opposite side of the Boot area you will see a vent. Behind that vent there is a fan and heat and AirCon heat exchangers for the rear heating and AirCon . This might be the source. Can't think of anything else. Sorry.

Does the fridge make a noise? (As a beach owner I don't know)

I was just about to suggest that!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Cheers

I have just had exactly the same experience and waited all night for this site to be back on line and hey presto the person who said the tap might have been switched on was right..................the buzzing/pump must've been going all night and this morning after reading the forum I went out and lo and behold it was still buzzing and the tap was tilted on! turned the tap off and the buzzing stopped!

I am so thankful I have been anxious all night about impending disaster with an unknown buzzing and unknown expense looming.

Thanks very very much indeed

Love this forum . We've just been doing our nut for 10 mins trying to locate the source of our buzzing noise and as ever you guys have helped us out in an instant. Doesn't help that we both have tinnitus . Think it's the van trying to get us to sort our act out and fill it with water - feel the love people :thumb :thanks

Oh thank you to you all - I was just sitting here, listening to a buzzing sound thinking it was the fridge working overtime on such a hot day, and this post just made me check - the tap lever was just slightly on. Turned off and no noise! Hope I haven't damaged the water pump!?! I too had run out of water....

Brill, we had the same problem, sitting in the Swiss Alps worrying and found out the buzz was the tap with a quick search of this forum.

Is there an isolater for the water pump... for those who don't lug water all the time?!

Back