Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Custom build - 2020 Westfalia Club Joker 4Motion - Offroad build thread

@wildslammer22 , I've been researching for high quality "swamper certified" camp lights. I discovered these after watching some overland videos and people swear by them. Advantages:

- 80 hours runtime
- can light up 360 degrees a full campsite or change to 180 or 90 degrees
- telescoping pole to move it up high and disperse the light, but MORE importantly as bugs are attracted to light the bugs are up high and away while you still have wonderful light over the entire campsite pitch (wild camping or other)
- light filters available like amber light for a more warm light
- Charge via USBc quickly

Disadvantage is they don't pack down extremely small, but might be worth it depending on the location you are traveling too. I'm seriously considering grabbing the 2 light kit with bag and filters:

Here’s some photos. That long cable on the right is for the Dometic CFX12. Ignore that.
aebf7d372b658239a68b3dee365b32f7.jpg

432bca0d7f4028a03f17462ed4deb13f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that, appreciated. Do you know if the Quadlovk mount you have use a standard 1” ball mount? I’m thinking I can use a Ram or generic ball mount to attach it. Like you I’m keen to avoid a suction mount.

Thanks for that, appreciated. Do you know if the Quadlovk mount you have use a standard 1” ball mount? I’m thinking I can use a Ram or generic ball mount to attach it. Like you I’m keen to avoid a suction mount.

Not sure, I was considering the same but just went with all Quad lock parts to be sure as I needed something quickly for a long drive to Italy.

@wildslammer22 , I've been researching for high quality "swamper certified" camp lights. I discovered these after watching some overland videos and people swear by them. Advantages:

- 80 hours runtime
- can light up 360 degrees a full campsite or change to 180 or 90 degrees
- telescoping pole to move it up high and disperse the light, but MORE importantly as bugs are attracted to light the bugs are up high and away while you still have wonderful light over the entire campsite pitch (wild camping or other)
- light filters available like amber light for a more warm light
- Charge via USBc quickly

Disadvantage is they don't pack down extremely small, but might be worth it depending on the location you are traveling too. I'm seriously considering grabbing the 2 light kit with bag and filters:

Tempting! Storage might be an issue for me - I might be able to rig up a roof mount…

Is that a Quadlock phone bracket? If so do you recommend, I’ve been trying to decide between quadlock and a Ram mount

I’ve just got brodit (prezzie so didn’t pay crazy price) with fast charger built in has a special cigar 12v plug. 3m in place, hold iPhone max no probsIMG_6592.png

I’ve just got brodit (prezzie so didn’t pay crazy price) with fast charger built in has a special cigar 12v plug. 3m in place, hold iPhone max no probsView attachment 122693

I’ve had Brodit before. Good quality. But I have quad lock mounts on my bike, moto, and around the house. So this was my solution for the car too. The MagSafe case works great with or without quad lock mounts too.

@Webbah_in_Switzerland have you considered changing the gear selector as part of your upgrades?

Our Beach cane with the same one and I find it very ‘basic’ looking, I much prefer the one on Oceans with chrome accents

@Webbah_in_Switzerland have you considered changing the gear selector as part of your upgrades?

Our Beach cane with the same one and I find it very ‘basic’ looking, I much prefer the one on Oceans with chrome accents

I’m more of a chrome delete guy on modern cars and vans myself but van-x has what you’re looking for! Last time I was on their site it was out of stock though. For me chrome is for classic cars. I have a 1964 356C and the chrome on that looks superb.

Not sure this would fit a T6.1 as it’s for a T6: