Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Forum Bug Reports and Discussion

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Please post your forum bugs here, this will be a work in progress over the coming days with improvements and bug fixes as we progress. we would also like your feedback

Please bear with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone out there using Tapatalk with the new forum?

Are you able to connect OK? What OS are you using?

I can't connect with Tapatalk yet.

Hi

Really like
- the "edit post" option (for correcting all those after-the-fact spelling errors)
- email notifications for tracking posts
- rich-text edit controls (for stuff like indenting)
- the "New Posts" in the banner is easy to see​

A rare "IT upgrade" that adds value - well done all!

Mark

Yes, Tapatalk fine with me on iOS. Is this still the best plan, or is direct off the website to be preferred?

Yes, Tapatalk fine with me on iOS. Is this still the best plan, or is direct off the website to be preferred?

There is no wrong or right, some prefer talktalk even though the forum is now more friendly so its just down to what you prefer to use, both are good platforms. There will be improvements to the mobile/responsive side of things in the next couple of days to tidy it up a little but it should function as expected even before the improvements.

Tapatalk all working now, if you are unable to login straight away it might be worth searching for the forum again, just put in the search 'vw california club' and we are top.

I now have it working on iOS and Android.

You should also notice new features working on Tapatalk now as the version we were running on the old site was very out of date.

I'm subscribed to this thread from the old forum iPhone Cable | VW California Club as I started it :)

However, just noticed someone replied but I didn't get a notification email, even though the thread still has me as subscribed.

Does Tapatalk update itself on iOS to take advantage of new features? Is user intervention required?

Does Tapatalk update itself on iOS to take advantage of new features? Is user intervention required?

Could you goto the thread in question, look just above the first post to the right and you will see "unwatch thread" , could you unwatch and then watch it again at the same time ticking "email notification" when prompted .

Just want to see if its subscribed you with out email when it was imported.

What is the easiest way to just see my "unread posts" (in old system terminology)?

Not quite sure what we are testing here... but have unsubscribed/ re subscribed as suggested.

What is the easiest way to just see my "unread posts" (in old system terminology)?

In the secondary nav you will see "new posts" with a red number (box) next to it, those act the same as unread posts, if you have only just logged in since the import you will need to "mark forums as read" before it goes back to normal as its counting a couple of thousand on first visit.

Not quite sure what we are testing here... but have unsubscribed/ re subscribed as suggested.

Basically the next time someone posts in that thread, im hoping you get the notification because you've effectively reset your subscription.

I would say that the look and feel of the new site is great. My main quibble is the large proportion of screen space (on phone) taken up with the banner and title; actually it is the same with Tapatalk... it really is pretty dead space. Maybe it is fine on larger phones/ laptops etc.

I would say that the look and feel of the new site is great. My main quibble is the large proportion of screen space (on phone) taken up with the banner and title; actually it is the same with Tapatalk... it really is pretty dead space. Maybe it is fine on larger phones/ laptops etc.

The mobile browsing is something im looking to improve the coming days and tonight, feed back all taken on board so ill make a point of looking in those areas :)

I must admit, new member on the block, VW Cali Forum, is doing a sterling Job...

He should get a complimentary invite to COTF ...

if he can afford to take the time off :)

When you go to "Recent Posts" then you lose the Menu Bar with "Mark Forums Read - Search Forums etc: " and get the New Forum message about changing Password " . Is this how it is supposed to be?

+ 1
Otherwise excellent re-vamp.

Could you goto the thread in question, look just above the first post to the right and you will see "unwatch thread" , could you unwatch and then watch it again at the same time ticking "email notification" when prompted .

Just want to see if its subscribed you with out email when it was imported.

Just did that and got this screen

Dropbox - Screenshot 2015-01-29 08.02.07.png

(The image embed button doesn't seem to work, unless I did something wrong)

Hopefully these are helpful.

Not sure if it's be design, but I can't reply to this thread in the wanted section DAB Radio | VW California Club

Says "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Just did that and got this screen

Dropbox - Screenshot 2015-01-29 08.02.07.png

(The image embed button doesn't seem to work, unless I did something wrong)

Thats good thats what your suppose to see when subscribing to the thread :) The image didnt embed because drop box URL's are not an image, an image URL needs to end with .jpg, .png etc .

Hopefully these are helpful.

Not sure if it's be design, but I can't reply to this thread in the wanted section DAB Radio | VW California Club

Says "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

Those sections have certain restrictions ill double check with @Martin as to whether they are correct :)

When you go to "Recent Posts" then you lose the Menu Bar with "Mark Forums Read - Search Forums etc: " and get the New Forum message about changing Password " . Is this how it is supposed to be?

Oh wow thats weird, the recent posts actually logs you out which is why you see the password notice. WIll look into that right away.

Should now be fixed :)