Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Matress Replacement Pop Top

C

cocodicoba

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi,

I am searching a replacement matress (or a topper i can leave upstairs) for the upstairs bed.

We are very happy with our downstairs Duvalay freshtec matress. But the only option i can find from Duvalay is 2 parts topper you cant leave when roof is closed.

Is the Zonesleep Ultra really the only option on the market which is a matress to replace the VW not just an additional topper?

Any advice much appreciated

Hope you all enjoy the last summer weekends in your Cali

Xx

You could consider a self inflatable although these need deflation with a mini pump before the roof goes down. Many options these days from Sea To Summit , Vango and Outwell. I bought an Outwell Dreamboat last week, trying it later this week for first time. Lots of info on the forum and the YouTube channels.

Yeah saw this one too. I would prefer no hassle with the pumping up. However would appreciate if you could share your thoughts after you tested it in comparison to the VW matress.
Enjoy your trip!

I have sea to summit and don’t find it a hassle - a quick 1 min to let a bit of air and fold on back seat and then pop a bit of air in at night - another 2mins and done. The tiny pump did 8 nights on our recent hols before it needed a charge. It is infinitely more comfortable than the vw mattress but I find this useful as a back up if kids have sleepover or if the S2S ever got damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it’s just the two of you and it’s for when you want to sleep up just use the Duvalay upstairs. Fits fine for us although we happy without it the pop top.

We bought a calibed roof III from calicap.de. For sure it is worth the money.
I am interested in the Calibed for downstairs, but there doesn't seem to be a stockist in the UK. I haven't got much further and wondered if anyone in the UK had gone the whole hog and paid for shipping or traveled to Germany to collect. Thanks

I am interested in the Calibed for downstairs, but there doesn't seem to be a stockist in the UK. I haven't got much further and wondered if anyone in the UK had gone the whole hog and paid for shipping or traveled to Germany to collect. Thanks
I paid for shipping and uk customs charges. I was hesitant. But it’s worth the wait and costs.

You could consider a self inflatable although these need deflation with a mini pump before the roof goes down. Many options these days from Sea To Summit , Vango and Outwell. I bought an Outwell Dreamboat last week, trying it later this week for first time. Lots of info on the forum and the YouTube channels.
I have a Dreamboat and have done a few nights on it, I must admit, I had it on top of the existing matress, it was like a proper matress at home, sure it will be very nice on it's own too.