Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

JOSHEC123

JOSHEC123

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach Tourer 150
Hello All,

Real pleasure to join the forum and become a member.

After having looked enviously at VW California owners in the past on my yearly trips to Cornwall, i'm finally in the fortunate position that I can now enjoy one for myself and proudly call myself a VW California owner!

It's amazing that now I own one, how many friends & colleagues express their interest in also wanting one.

Spec list of optional equipment for my van as follows:
  • Discover Media Navigation
  • Removable & lockable towbar
  • Metallic Imdium Grey Paint
  • LED Headlight + daytime running lights
  • Trailer assist + Parking Assist + Rear View Camera
  • Electric sliding doors Left + Right
  • Heated Front Passenger Seats
  • Heated Front Windscreen
  • Privacy Glass
If I was ordering again I would definitely add the auxiliary heater to this list, otherwise, really pleased with the specification.

I've also subsequently added a few of my own modifications (appreciate this are to my taste, and not necessarily everyone else's):
  • Blok Products Bike Mount (front fork mounting system to the seat rails for internal bike transportation)
  • Van Gear Kombi Campervan Pod (Black + Drift Wood Top) + Large Table (also drift wood top)
  • Leighton Vans rear spoiler, black grill inserts & front splitter + chin
  • Black Rhino Warlord in Black + Gun Metal (Supplied by LK Performance)
  • B F Goodrich tyres T/A KO 2 All Terrain 111S 245/65/17 with white lettering
I've got a couple more plans for modifications and then I think i'm done with modifying the van:
  • VB 4C Air suspension - for mixed terrain driving & self-leveling when camped up
  • Solar Panel roof installation for charging the leisure battery
  • Mudflaps front & rear
  • Slide out tray for rear storage compartment to make accessing the dometic fridge easier
I've attached to this post a few pictures of my van, in it's natural habitat looking as intended (dirty), and I promise it's dirty by design rather than laziness.

View attachment IMG_1823 copy.jpg

View attachment IMG_1820 copy.jpg

View attachment IMG_1821 copy.jpg

All the very best,

Josh

Welcome, and nice van! One of the coolest I've seen TBH :cool:

Let me know how you ride on those awesome all terrains, e.g. fuel economy, decibels, general comfort, and of course the fun stuff off road

Let me know how you ride on those awesome all terrains, e.g. fuel economy, decibels, general comfort, and of course the fun stuff off road
... and for the heater you can add a Webasto anytime, for about the same money as stock :thumb

Thanks for the kind words!! I’ve looked at the retrofitted auxiliary heater, thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something to consider.

The increase in road noise from the tyres is noticeable, but I would say it’s a subtle noise and not overly apparent. If for example you hadn’t been in the van before with the factory supplied tyres you wouldn’t notice. The fuel economy has taken a bit of a hit, maybe -5% according to the trip computer, although I’m yet to do a long run with them, so will report back my findings.

I would close out with saying the tyres are as comfortable, if not more so, as the tyres appear to absorb the imperfections in the road better.

Thanks for the kind words!! I’ve looked at the retrofitted auxiliary heater, thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something to consider.

The increase in road noise from the tyres is noticeable, but I would say it’s a subtle noise and not overly apparent. If for example you hadn’t been in the van before with the factory supplied tyres you wouldn’t notice. The fuel economy has taken a bit of a hit, maybe -5% according to the trip computer, although I’m yet to do a long run with them, so will report back my findings.

I would close out with saying the tyres are as comfortable, if not more so, as the tyres appear to absorb the imperfections in the road better.
Very interesting, thanks, I'll have a Google around and see what kind of prices come up

Back