Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

On the road to Spain

snowy55

snowy55

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Early start Saturday morning visited Polzeath and then stayed the night at the Rising Sun at Altarnun http://www.therisingsuninn.co.uk/ . They let non members stay.Steady 29 miles to Plymouth. Now lined up waiting for the ferry

Polzeath beach 20140913_114404_zpsqmwsmhfn.jpg

snowy55 said:
Early start Saturday morning visited Polzeath and then stayed the night at the Rising Sun at Altarnun http://www.therisingsuninn.co.uk/ . They let non members stay.Steady 29 miles to Plymouth. Now lined up waiting for the ferry

Polzeath beach 20140913_114404_zpsqmwsmhfn.jpg

That's where I live; shout if you're still around!

Smooth crossing on the ferry. First night at Zaragoza now at Albarracin for their fiesta, went on very late and then the band started again at 08.00 this morning and goes on all day and tonight, these Spanish know how to Fiesta!!

Albarracin is at about 1300mts elevation we travelled to Valencia to sea level and the temp went from 19c to 32c and it was still at 23c this morning.We had paella for lunch surrounded by the paddy fields where the special paella rice is grown,they also serve the Eels they catch in the lagoon that provides the water for the paddy fields but we gave them a miss!
We have now moved north near Tarragona and are camped next to a beach, its 20.00 and it's still 28c Phew "el scorchio"

Ah I see, you moved over to the east coast- you are covering quite a distance, but guess that is why you found the heat.

20140916_115509_zpsvqcxb4ic.jpg

Not doing very well with network connections. The above photo is Albarracin
Since Valencia we have stayed 2 nights near Tarragona we are now inland near Alcaniz in a very remote campsite. Just had a tremendous thunderstorm but the sun is out again.

If you are staying around Alcaniz for a few days you might see see me in our silver Cali.
I'm coming down from our place in the Pyrenees to meet my daughter for the Moto GP at Motorland just up the road from Alcaniz.
I'm leaving home here on Tuesday and wandering down via Foix and then Andorra to tank up, should be down there sometime Thursday to get on the campsite inside the circuit.
Just caught the storm up here as well. Spectacular lightning across the valley.

Hi briwy
We hope to be in Logrono by Thursday so will miss you.It's rained much of the night and all morning so far. I hope you have packed you're wellies lol.

snowy55 said:
Hi briwy
We hope to be in Logrono by Thursday so will miss you.It's rained much of the night and all morning so far. I hope you have packed you're wellies lol.

OK have a good trip Snowy.
Gloomy here today but weather looks OK for the weekend :thumb

20140923_125800_zpsgildkhkg.jpg

Gate into Daroca.

Now on the way to Carinea wine district, wonder what we will find their?

Looks great! How come you stayed in Polzeath? A bit off route I should think?!

KernowLad said:
Hi KernowLad
Been going to Polzeath for years but Tristram seems a bit "rowdy" now but the Rising Sun is a lot quieter and serve fantastic food and is a short hop too the ferry at Plymouth.

We are now in Logrono where it's their harvest fiesta.Could get messy.

20140923_152509_zpsaz2lujti.jpg

This was on the way to Nuevalos where we spent Tuesday night.
We had another big lightening storm in the evening just after the Belgium couple in the next tent decided to go for a bike ride, they must have been deaf not too have heard it coming, they got back soaked to the skin, he then started putting in loads of tent pegs and did a lot of cussing when they bent in the rock hard ground, he had water running out of his shorts much to our amusement. Saves them right for inflicting that detective Poiret on us!

snowy55 said:
KernowLad said:
Hi KernowLad
Been going to Polzeath for years but Tristram seems a bit "rowdy" now but the Rising Sun is a lot quieter and serve fantastic food and is a short hop too the ferry at Plymouth.

We are now in Logrono where it's their harvest fiesta.Could get messy.

My parents have been there but I haven't yet - must visit soon!

Yep, Tristram has got busier - the "yobs" here aren't chav types though, they're all Public school kids. They cause absolute chaos.

Your trip looks like fun - I hope you have good waterproofs though!

20140925_121119_zpsysdp78wk.jpg

Been into Logrono and had a few of these. The old town is packed with everyone out in their Sunday best.

Mixing red and white?! Brave!!

Try Albariño and Ribeira whites if you find them; both very nice indeed!

KernowLad said:
Mixing red and white?! Brave!!

Try Albariño and Ribeira whites if you find them; both very nice indeed!

The tinto is mine the blanco is Mrs snowy's. When in Rioja drink Rioja!

But I do like Albarino too says Mrs snowy