Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Smelly heater

Spotlight Kid

Spotlight Kid

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Went for a test drive in a new T6 Ocean yesterday and when the dealer demonstrated the diesel heater it smelled really strongly. He said this was just because it was new and the smell would burn off really quickly.

Now I believed him because I haven't seen any complaints about this smell on the forums. Just wanted to check that I'm not being stupidly naive and will end up with a freezing van because I have to open all the windows when I turn the interior heater on! o_O

Totally normal, you won't smell it with the side door closed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the links. I missed those threads and interesting reading.

The dealer only had the heater on for about 2 minutes and from what most people say the smel l disappears pretty quickly so not really a problem. My dog will be in the van with me but the issue of fumes in an awning from the exhaust is something that I will need to be aware of in the future if ever I get a driveway and plan to have guests staying out there.

Tell your dealer it is NOT smart to run the heather for 2 min!
I you turn it on , leave it on for some few cycles ....it must come up to heat .
Short periodes are not good.

Cmon, it is just a demo version.:) They do all the crazy stuff with them. Pedal to the metal with 10miles from factory etc.