Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilet - which model is best?

weston.front

weston.front

Considering a small portable loo to add to the functionality of our new van. Keen that the footprint be small and doubly keen that the sealing mechanism above the tank be as effective as possible. Would not see a small capacity as a problem as don't plan to be away for more than a week in a go and aiming to only wildcamp up to 2/3 of the time.

What advice / suggestions can people offer please.

Will

Some recent discussion suggested the Thetford 335 Qube.

Go Outdoors was about the cheapest I've seen,

Yes, the 335 QUBE. You can raise the shelf under the sink unit so that it goes in the bottom of that unit or keep it in the boot. We bought ours from Go Outdoors....

I plan to have sink unit trays for sale for the QUBE at CotF.

Simon

Hi

Just joined the forum and in the process of changing from a Hymer to a Cali so we have a serious interest in the toilet department.
Without appearing to hijack the topic can someone please explain the purpose/need for a sink unit tray?

regards

Colin

The toilet tray is great. It is stops the toilet from moving about in the bottom of the cupboard under sink as it is specifically shaped. It protects the runners of the cupboard doors when lifting it out.

Dont forget when buying your porta potti that go outdoors will match any online except aution price, except aution, plus 10% and they give cash back through top cash back.

Having bought a 335 before the qube came out I be interested in what the differences are

My vote's for the Qube also - even though our's is being replaced because of a fault (Thetford, who make the Qube, have excellent customer service) :clap

Andy

shambly said:
Yes, the 335 QUBE.

I plan to have sink unit trays for sale for the QUBE at CotF.

Simon

Put me down for one at COTF please Simon
Bob

Hi Simon I can't make COTF - how much for the tray if you post?

Cheers

The older porta potti 335 do come up on ebay occasionaly. I got a real bargin on mine, unused used & a toilet tent £35 ! Never seen one as cheap since though.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

got an unused Fiamma bipot portable loo we never needed to but it has been stored and so is not in pristine condition will buff it up if anyone interested....unsure which model but £45 plus postage to anyone....sorry is this advertising?....just trying to be spontaneously helpful!

jonesey said:
Hi Simon I can't make COTF - how much for the tray if you post?

Cheers

Looking at royal mail's new pricing scheme, postage will cost £6.24 (I need to add vat)

The trays are looking like coming out at £25 each.

Choice of silver or ivory.

Simon

Hi Simon

Am interested, more questions! ...

They fit the qube? I read its slightly different than the 335 older version?
Any pics?
Are they metal or plastic?
Is it just the tray or is a strap included (as in the brandrup kit)

Cheers
Chris

Chris,

This is a tray I've developed myself to fit the qube version to fill a need; I myself have the brandrup tray for the older non-qube 335 which the qube doesn't quite fit into. The qube tray isn't available from brandrup on its own and their price for the toilet package is unrealistic.

I'm vacuum forming the tray in 2mm HIPS (plastic) just like the brandrup item. I have a 'proof of concept' tray formed from a raw 3d print I'm happy with and am right now doing the final surface finishing of the former to make a small batch of trays for the meet.

No strap I'm afraid, but to honest it is easy enough to pull the toilet out without one.

Simon

We did an extensive survey at the Camping and Caravan show at the NEC in February – not actually sitting on them (!) but assessing their structural strength etc. How sad is that?! But a good throne is as important to Cali owners as well as Kings and Queens.

We settled for a Dometic 972. It cost £79.99 and after a full road test (if that’s the correct expression), found it fits in well between the bed and front seats. It also fits under the rear shelf for storage, is stable, well made and comfortable, and more importantly comes in white with Euro-grey base to match our Natural Grey Cali.

A Five Star Poo Box!!!

Why by yet again an expencife brandrupp item ? When you can use the roll of toilet paper stuff between the toilet and cabinet it stays right in place....you always need bouth of them so handy when need is high....

Anyone considering the 335 Qube may want to buy from Go Outdoors.

Cheapest I found was here at £79 + Post.

Price match with this and take 10% off should see it at £75.60 :bananadance

Order it from Go Outdoors using to TopCashBack and you will get another 4 to 7 % off that price. Bargin

I payed 99euro for the cube + California Campers in Amersfoort (Holland)

Hi

I'm just about to go on my first trip in 'Mevanwee' my new Cali. I'm heading up to the Lakes for the Ireby folk festival. So have purchased a Thetford qube 335 in prep for field only camping. Silly question but I am a beginner......is it just for no 1's?

thanks
Emma
:thanks

Hi Emma, it's your loo you can do what you like in it!
Emptying it afterwards is no worse than festival toilets get at the end of a weekend. Just lean back and don't look too closely !!!

Emma, this is my favorite post on this site ever. Thanks :D

I think you should try and get your moneys worth out of it!!

(That said, we have a portapotti under the sink and in 2 1/2 years of ownership have never yet used it! I just know that if we ever take it out, we'll get stuck on a motorway somewhere for 11 hours and wish we had it with us!)

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. I will in the words of the tetley tea bags add 'let the flavour flood out' :x

We have also purchased a loo recently for our California. The Thetford Qube 335 is definitely a nice product but after comparison we chose a Fiamma Bi-Pot 30.

I have to admit the the Qube design is better than the Fiamma especialliy for the exhaust pipe but have nothing to complain about with the Fiamma. As long as it is robust and does leak everything is fine.

It is 3 cm smaller than the Qube and costs 62 euro instead of 89 euro at best for the Qube (in France). It fits perfectly in the boot beneath the rear plateau without raising it. I did not want to put a loo in the cupboard under the sink for obvious hygene reasons and to keep the space for kitchen gears.

We are very happy our purchase as it brings us more autonomy when we don't stop in a camping over night.

Cheers,