Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VB SUSPENSION: possible to lower at 190cm?

R

Robby

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi everyone,

Since we would like to go back to the south of france in holiday and we noticed a lot of parks (both underground and in front of the seaside/beach) in high season are limited/barred to 190cm (most of the time they are barred slightly higher than 190 but never say never), I’m looking to install the VB AIR SUSPENSION on my Cali t6.1 beach 4m 2021

I was just wondering if someone already “forced” the parking mode in order to reach the maximum lowering possible (more than the -6cm declared)

Does VB sell an add-on (example additional module?) that meets my needs?

I would not deflate the tyres

Thanks in advance!
Robby

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Not sure, have researched VB air as I love air suspension and waiting 5 years till out of warranty. And shocks have had some use.
Speak with your local VB installer.
Go on VB air and search for your local, also ask @Webbah_in_Switzerland who has the knowledge

Not sure, have researched VB air as I love air suspension and waiting 5 years till out of warranty. And shocks have had some use.
Go on VB air and search for your local, also ask @Webbah_in_Switzerland who has the knowledge
VB air suspension is VW approved and doesn’t affect the warranty.

According to the specs you can go down -15 cm and then drive max 5 km/h. We regularly lower it that far on the back side, to get the bikes on the rack more easily, but have never driven our Cali that low. The parking mode at - 7 cm is already an uncomfortable drive… We wouldn’t recommend driving at - 15 cm.
We simply never take a parking garage under 2 m.

According to the specs you can go down -15 cm and then drive max 5 km/h. We regularly lower it that far on the back side, to get the bikes on the rack more easily, but have never driven our Cali that low. The parking mode at - 7 cm is already an uncomfortable drive… We wouldn’t recommend driving at - 15 cm.
I’m seriously considering getting air ride, both for comfort and for uneven pitches. Hoping that you have the pitch mode how adjustable have you found it?
(With apologies for the slight thread borrow/hijack)

Yes of course, the final objective is only to enter under the barrier (in case the parking shows an initial warning/barrier “Max 190cm”) not to drive constantly at -7 or -15cm

I would install the Official vw kit:

Yesterday i’ve tried an ocean with this kit and it result much more confortable than our standard suspension so in my opinion it worths it

In conclusion I have to contact the nearest VB dealer and ask them about the possibility to get a parking mode
Thanks!!

Thank u!

I‘ve tried to contact @Webbah_in_Switzerland
But it gives me back the message “you don’t have the permission to write a message” ?!

Yes of course, the final objective is only to enter under the barrier (in case the parking shows an initial warning/barrier “Max 190cm”) not to drive constantly at -7 or -15cm
We haven’t been clear enough, or you missed our point. We have had our VB for 11 years now. We wouldn’t recommend driving that low AT ALL. You are basically lying on your axles, then, and prone to damage your suspension.
Perhaps a few meters only, in an emergency, at a VERY LOW speed on a completely smooth and equal surface. Which you typically won’t have on any place with a height barrier. :cool:

Thank u!

I‘ve tried to contact @Webbah_in_Switzerland
But it gives me back the message “you don’t have the permission to write a message” ?!

The lowest you’ll safely go is 1.93 meters. That said, my van is 2.85 meters high and I surf a lot in the south of France and never have issues finding g parking near the beaches.

Nonetheless I love my air suspension for auto-level and going off-road. And I much prefer Goldschmidt to VB for the additional features such as being able to weigh my van on demand to ensure I’m not overloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Since we would like to go back to the south of france in holiday and we noticed a lot of parks (both underground and in front of the seaside/beach) in high season are limited/barred to 190cm (most of the time they are barred slightly higher than 190 but never say never), I’m looking to install the VB AIR SUSPENSION on my Cali t6.1 beach 4m 2021

I was just wondering if someone already “forced” the parking mode in order to reach the maximum lowering possible (more than the -6cm declared)

Does VB sell an add-on (example additional module?) that meets my needs?

I would not deflate the tyres

Thanks in advance!
Robby

Thats Very expensive car park fees

We haven’t been clear enough, or you missed our point. We have had our VB for 11 years now. We wouldn’t recommend driving that low AT ALL. You are basically lying on your axles, then, and prone to damage your suspension.
Perhaps a few meters only, in an emergency, at a VERY LOW speed on a completely smooth and equal surface. Which you typically won’t have on any place with a height barrier. :cool:

Thanks a lot!

Just to clarify, i show you a tipical situation we faced in south france:

d84b4120985d0a22e1c81fc40762faa6.jpg

(So the need would be to ride low for only 5/6 meters)

Please note that sometimes I success to enter in some of this (i’ve got 17’’ wheels and standard suspension so perhaps somewhere these “barriers” are set at real 2meters, sometimes not)

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful answers

Robby

Thanks a lot!

Just to clarify, i show you a tipical situation we faced in south france:

d84b4120985d0a22e1c81fc40762faa6.jpg

(So the need would be to ride low for only 5/6 meters)

Please note that sometimes I success to enter in some of this (i’ve got 17’’ wheels and standard suspension so perhaps somewhere these “barriers” are set at real 2meters, sometimes not)

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful answers

Robby

From what I can see there is also street parking all along near the Hotel Villa Azur.

From what I can see there is also street parking all along near the Hotel Villa Azur.

It was just an example, but thanks for the tip

In any case, to close this topic, I will ask VB directly to try to find out what is the actual maximum lowering I can occasionally achieve in this type of circumstance.

It was just an example, but thanks for the tip

In any case, to close this topic, I will ask VB directly to try to find out what is the actual maximum lowering I can occasionally achieve in this type of circumstance.

Since you are also in Switzerland I suggest you give Sven Fischer a call at Buel Garage. He's my go to mechanic for everything and built my van. Tell him Craig sent you.

Since you are also in Switzerland I suggest you give Sven Fischer a call at Buel Garage. He's my go to mechanic for everything and built my van. Tell him Craig sent you.

Thank you Craig

I’ve just wrote them an email!
I keep you updated
Thanks

Bye!

Back