Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Gruenthal mobilcamping gadgets

- Extra storage above sink/stove
- Extra storage between seats, doubles as stand to get up/down
- Bin and bottle storage
View attachment 122639

View attachment 122640

View attachment 122641
Looks great. We did ponder those, but in the end opted for a calicap.de single shelf. This was partly on cost ground but also as I think we'll use the shelf slightly differently - for clearing clutter from the worktops (books, maps, tissue boxes, kids stuff) rather than permanent storage. Your shelves look slightly deeper, so probably more flexible.
The plastic bin looks very much like the IKEA HALLBAR bin for £3(?).

PXL_20240423_133201630.MP.jpg

@CaliKatt thanks. Looks like the handle bars don't have to touch the ground, unlike other images I have seen when the rack has been modified. Is that correct, please?
You mean the bike handlebars? I guess that depends on the width of your bars. The rack itself doesnt touch the ground. Even with my 4th bike on it via the thule extention.

Looks great. We did ponder those, but in the end opted for a calicap.de single shelf. This was partly on cost ground but also as I think we'll use the shelf slightly differently - for clearing clutter from the worktops (books, maps, tissue boxes, kids stuff) rather than permanent storage. Your shelves look slightly deeper, so probably more flexible.
The plastic bin looks very much like the IKEA HALLBAR bin for £3(?).

View attachment 122660
We indeed wanted something for permanent storage.
Gruenthal is not cheap but all their stuff is rock solid and well thought out.
Calicap is also great and we have some of their products as well. Rear drawer, calicave and calicap.
The bin is indeed the IKEA one so easy to replace.

It’s not life changing, but I’ve sorted an annoying issue in our left hand cupboard. We use it to store our provisions in, with tins, jars and packet stuff in the bottom. The annoying items are a thin strip of steel across the back of the compartment, and a circular plastic blanking cover, both of which catch on the plastic boxes we use when sliding in. There’s also a good chance of scratching the cupboard base over time.

I had some bathroom vinyl tiles left over from a recent fit out job, and cut 2 to fit the space. They’re about 2mm thick, hard wearing and smooth. Plus they happen to be a similar colour to the kitchen fronts.

IMG_7298.jpeg

IMG_7299.jpeg

IMG_7300.jpeg

You mean the bike handlebars? I guess that depends on the width of your bars. The rack itself doesnt touch the ground. Even with my 4th bike on it via the thule extention.
Sorry, yes I meant the bike handlebars. The last bike on the rack would be drop bars with Di2 shifters and would not want those shifters on the ground.

Back