Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top drainage

G

Gilly

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, I have a Vw cali t5.1 and I have just learnt about the drainage on the pop top because I had water coming in through the control panel. It wasn’t a lot but enough to worry about. Does anyone know if there are drainage holes at the front of the van as well as the back? I found the back ones okay but can’t seem to see the front ones, only a rubber strip along the front of vehicle. Anyone know about the front drainage holes and what to look for?

Thanks for your help

There are 4 - 2 front, 2 back.
Search the forum as there are loads of threads on this and some really good pics and tips. Get used to blowing them through on a regular basis.

Hi, I have a Vw cali t5.1 and I have just learnt about the drainage on the pop top because I had water coming in through the control panel. It wasn’t a lot but enough to worry about. Does anyone know if there are drainage holes at the front of the van as well as the back? I found the back ones okay but can’t seem to see the front ones, only a rubber strip along the front of vehicle. Anyone know about the front drainage holes and what to look for?

Thanks for your help
The front drainage holes are below where the wiring loom passes into the front roof cowl. Lift up the plastic cover over the wiring loom.

They are under the front wiring. Lift up the covers, you will see a load of mastic. They are under that so hard to spot. When roof is up tip some water in and watch it drain, or not drain. This will show you which one is blocked. Carefully unpick debris out the hole. Try water again until it gives a satisfying gurgle and comes out over the front wheel. Remember to clip the cover back on properly

They are under the front wiring. Lift up the covers, you will see a load of mastic. They are under that so hard to spot. When roof is up tip some water in and watch it drain, or not drain. This will show you which one is blocked. Carefully unpick debris out the hole. Try water again until it gives a satisfying gurgle and comes out over the front wheel. Remember to clip the cover back on properly
You can use some warm, not hot, water to help clear the drains.

Back