SOLD 2011 T5 California Berghaus 180 BHP manual
Contact InformationContact Virginia
More InformationAfter seven fantastic years we’re sadly parting with our Berghaus California, 180bhp to buy a bigger van to accommodate teenagers! It’s done 78,000 miles and is in very good condition, immaculate inside, with removable tow ball for bike rack. It has a full-service history. The van is booked in for the following post-lockdown work, so she will be ready for you to drive away and enjoy your summer holidays in the UK:
• 9 June - habitation check by MCEA-registered technician (checking all appliances and systems safe and working)
• 16 June - full inspection service (the big one!) and replacement of cambelt, tensioners and water pump (another big one!)
• 16 June - private plate HE10 DJP reverted to original registration, FL61UEH
The Berghaus California is to a very high spec and looks amazing. Also note that this is the larger engine model (Euro 5), 180 bhp compared to 140 bhp, which we have found essential touring while laden. Features on our Berghaus van include:
• Olympian blue metallic paint
• Smart alloy wheels
• Black awning
• Separate rear climate control panel
• Berghaus label on fitted seat covers
• Note that the original bike rack is not included, but it has a removable tow ball
Our vehicle has a full-service history, originally with VW (5 services), then our local garage in Whitchurch, Hampshire (3 services). Servicing has been completed as per the recommended intervals, plus the following work has been completed:
• 2017: exhaust gas recirculation valve, EGR, and cooler replaced @45,000 miles; this was a combined unit when this was changed, part number VW 03L115512D. Note that a compression test wasn't carried out, but the performance of the vehicle has been excellent over the past 3 years and VW have confirmed therefore no issue with this replacement
• 2018: roof recall repair completed by VW
• 2018: driver's side driveshaft replaced in @58,000 miles
I'm happy to offer you a viewing if you bring face masks and gloves, and a test drive is possible if you can bring proof of FULLY COMPREHENSIVE insurance. Note that third party insurance will not be adequate. A 10% deposit by bank transfer will be required to secure the vehicle.
We have owned the vehicle since 2013 and we're only the second owner. Will be very sad to see her go as many happy holidays to France and The Netherlands, plus I completed John O'Groats to Lands' End on my bike with the family supporting me back in 2014.... the original reason for our purchase.
Do feel free to get in touch for more information.
This Ad has been viewed 1862 times.