Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

£5K Fine for Traveling Abroad

On retirement I bought a capable 40 ' SeaOtter Barge in 2016 to traverse Brighton to Bordeaux this planned one year trip turned into 5 years but having thought time to move on I hired a new Cali for a month as a trial to see if we liked it as much as I did in my 20s in my ancient T3. The trip to Spain stopping off at Toulouse on our city centre mooring was a revelation. Loved the van but shocked at the prices for overnights. In Toulouse city centre casual mooring cost us 17 euro , in Paris Arsenal by the Bastille it was 180 for a week , Lyon city port 18 euro and Avignon 15 euro. Many small country stops are 5 euro to 10 euro sometimes small village are free with free electric as they want the trade in shops and restaurants. Why the discrepancy beats me but was enough to put off our sale so we carried on cruising, glad to avail ourselves of the wild mooring opportunities without hassles and a little port near Toulouse where we pay 80 euro a month to keep our SeaOtter safe . Some time when I can't climb a lock ladder we will probably take the plunge but I'm sure we will miss the space and the seclusion. It seems sites have the upper hand so you just have to suck it up ?

This will make campsites even more rammed this year and I suspect campsites will keep putting prices up, I have tried to book a few sites and one of them was £60 per night whereas when we stayed there last year it was £40. I think I may stay at home this year in the garden

Yep, i will be saving my money for a longer stay holiday next year in France/Spain...

Crazy prices, we camp about 80 nights a year France Spain Italy and Switzerland for the last 11 years and have only ever wild camped never stayed an a campsite. Now live in Chamonix. If any California’s ever need any thing while passing welcome to call in.