Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

‘B’ Pillar rattle when drivers’ window down...??

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Now the weather has started warming up I’ve been driving around with the drivers’ window down.

To my surprise there is a really annoying rattle that appears to be coming from the B pillar (but most likely from within the door itself) as soon as the window is opened.

The rattle is there whether the window is open an inch, halfway or fully open...:( Unfortunately I’m one of those people who simply cannot bear any type of rattle when I’m driving, it's driving me nuts!!

My Cali is only 3 months old, so I shall definitely be raising this with the dealership, but I’m just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this?

TIA...:thumb

Now the weather has started warming up I’ve been driving around with the drivers’ window down.

To my surprise there is a really annoying rattle that appears to be coming from the B pillar (but most likely from within the door itself) as soon as the window is opened.

The rattle is there whether the window is open an inch, halfway or fully open...:( Unfortunately I’m one of those people who simply cannot bear any type of rattle when I’m driving, it's driving me nuts!!

My Cali is only 3 months old, so I shall definitely be raising this with the dealership, but I’m just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this?

TIA...:thumb
Hmm....I'm rather like you, hate rattles etc. I spend some time today trying to sort out one or two little gremlins with sticky felt pads etc. I have a rattle coming from the same place as yours but it happens when window is open or closed. I will track it down! Just for your information I have heard that VW do not accept rattles under the warranty after six months (although I have not seen any official confirmation of this). So don't delay! All the best.

Hmm....I'm rather like you, hate rattles etc. I spend some time today trying to sort out one or two little gremlins with sticky felt pads etc. I have a rattle coming from the same place as yours but it happens when window is open or closed. I will track it down! Just for your information I have heard that VW do not accept rattles under the warranty after six months (although I have not seen any official confirmation of this). So don't delay! All the best.

Thanks JW, I’m planning on doing some of my own investigation tomorrow, but in the meantime the dealer will be getting an email....

Thanks JW, I’m planning on doing some of my own investigation tomorrow, but in the meantime the dealer will be getting an email....
As above. Wind the Awning open about 12", then close firmly, but Do Not overtighten as the Awning gears are plastic.

Try this first, before investigating further.

As above. Wind the Awning open about 12", then close firmly, but Do Not overtighten as the Awning gears are plastic.

Try this first, before investigating further.

Thank you Stuart and WG, now you’ve both said that, its blindingly obvious that the awning may well be at fault...:rolleyes:

I shall follow your advice WG and let you know!

Back