Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

‘Food drawer’ Tupperware solutions?

JimP1992

JimP1992

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Having a little clear out and clean. 30C5F5CC-269F-4E1A-9E8F-2BCC9D7F7E27.jpegWondering what you guys do for storage of items in the bench drawer. We currently use it as a pantry / peg store. Can anyone recommend any Tupperware which fits within these drawers? Think it’ll help the rattling situation from stuff moving back and forth whilst driving. Cheers!

Firstly, carpet the floor to lessen the rattle. The club shop sell a fitted carpet but you can buy and cut something to size for a lot less.

These are what we have, the middle and larger size fit well. Will take a pic for you.
We don't keep food in the drawer though...

easiest rattle reduction is by lining the bottom and sides of the draw with hard backed carpet tiles cut to size.

Works perfect, thank you. Also picked up a little bin at IKEA which fits between the kitchen unit and passenger chair as well!

View attachment 98105
I purchase one of those Ikea Hallbar bins but mine looks bigger that that and won't fit - mine is a 10 lit on do you know which one that is please

Does the lid open in situ also?

@JimP1992
It does. But because of the awkward position I usually end up pulling it out and putting it back when done when clearing food from the table etc. For things like tissues, it’s fine in situ - no need to move. The only issue is that you have to slide the seat forward a tad to accommodate the bin, but there’s still plenty of legroom for the passenger.