Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

“Beast from the East” winter forecast prep?

calijomo

calijomo

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Top 3 tips for prepping the California for a cold Winter (even if the tabloid headlines today about the coldest winter in decades turn out to be not true)?

Use it.... not leave it hanging around for the cold to get into ....

Wear something warm to sleep in... even with the amazing heater it's still chilly first thing.

Drive and stop overnight at the pub with the log fire

Top 3 tips for prepping the California for a cold Winter (even if the tabloid headlines today about the coldest winter in decades turn out to be not true)?
Well if it's in the tabloids it must be true!

So no point in changing to winter tyres then!

Wonder if a snow plough attachment would be in order.

Wonder if a snow plough attachment would be in order.

Something like my friend added on his trip in Norway?
322b64324022752366bbe229bbb3ba2c.jpg

cf305158f1bb4111a73c0890e9979835.jpg

Well you have got to live through the projected heat wave next week before the Beast arrives. Seems Dorian is pushing warm air our way.

Please don't say that. I work out doors and worked all the time in the horrible beast from the east v1 last year, it was like torture on my fingers, sooo cold. One project the house owner didn't even ask if I wanted a cup of tea, i was working in the snow for 8 hours solid and it was literally horizontally blowing in my face and then the client short changed me £5 upon payment. They even looked upset when i knocked on the door to say good bye, 'i was just having my tea" im not bitter at all :sorry:sorry:sorry , but still did a very professional job,
and no, i didnt have a flask of coffe, i forgot it :headbang:headbang:headbang:rage.

Please don't say that. I work out doors and worked all the time in the horrible beast from the east v1 last year, it was like torture on my fingers, sooo cold. One project the house owner didn't even ask if I wanted a cup of tea, i was working in the snow for 8 hours solid and it was literally horizontally blowing in my face and then the client short changed me £5 upon payment. They even looked upset when i knocked on the door to say good bye, 'i was just having my tea" im not bitter at all :sorry:sorry:sorry , but still did a very professional job,
and no, i didnt have a flask of coffe, i forgot it :headbang:headbang:headbang:rage.
You can use the Cali and Jetboil this time.

Met Office has stated in the last couple of days that here's no reason to expect a return of the beast from the east :)

The local BBC tv weatherman last week said the claim that we were going to have a bad winter was 'cobblers'.

Back