1 Month On.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Well it is now 1 month since we picked up "The Van". We don't do names for our cars, it's normally hers or mine. Depends if it needs a clean or tyres/service. Then it's mine, always.
Anyway, 31 days of ownership and 2437 miles later, what a fantastic vehicle. Just come back from our 10 day holiday break. We covered 1179 miles, visited 3 of our children and spent 4 nights in The Van + 4 in hotels and 2 at home. Cardiff-Milton Keynes-Wisbech-Norwich-Cardiff-Mawgan Porth-Cardiff.
I like my hotels but I love The Van, and fortunately SWMBO is in full agreement.
Anyway, 1 week before we left, after just 850 miles the EML, engine management light came on. Engine pulled fine, no problems. Anyway called out VW Assistance, code said EGR a problem. Cleared the code and told it probably wouldn't return but if it did then contact nearest VW dealer.It did 48hrs later. Local VW Dealer was TOTALLY uninterested ( Please note I live near Cardiff ). Anyway I contacted South Hereford VW, where I purchased The Van. That was the Wednesday am. Drove there, they confirmed fault code. Contacted VW. told to fit a New Upgraded EGR + software update. Given loan car. Thursday PM contacted to be told vehicle ready. Picked up Friday AM, and perfect since.
The EGR now fitted looks totally different to what was there originally and is a different part number.
Anyway, nice bottle of Champagne from the Dealership and apparently a voucher to spend on VW accessories from VW.
could have done without the hassle but alls well that ends well. Now for 2015 and Nordkap. :hello

Ouch; that's a bit early to get such a fault!
We're on our third...

True. But it seems to be sorted now. Interesting though that the part number has changed and the unit looks different. Hey Ho, still got 35 months of warranty and the rate I'm going I will be averaging at least 24000 miles/year. So will be making full use of it.

Yep, it's been redesigned; luckily we have the new one.
If you get an emissions fault code, don't panic, you just need a software update to go with the new valve. That took my dealer nine weeks to discover...

Anyway sounds like you've taken it well and can continue enjoying the best camper ever made :thumb

Back