Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

10 year finance - yes or no?

Have you checked the front seats rotate :Nailbiting

It says in the standard spec of the ad that front seats swivel Phew!

I believe if you choose comfort seats they don't swivel

Okey doke, I will double check - it these are just the standard seats.

Awww you're all so helpful on here.... I'm learning so much, and the best bit is I'm not telling my husband your feeding me with all this knowledge so he thinks I'm learning it for myself

Oh!!! I'm feeling a bit gutted :( can a heater be fitted afterwards or does it have to be done at build?

The advice about aftermarket options might suit you fine. If not then you might still have options to cancel or change your order to use the deposit against a new order. dealers tend to have people knocking down their door for ex-demonstrators so they might be flexible.

Certainly not saying you should cancel but if you wanted to, don't assume you can't.

The deposit we have placed is 100% refundable... it's just this one seems fairly well Spec'd for the price, so I don't want to lose it!! Perhaps I should keep one eye open, incase something better comes up

The deposit we have placed is 100% refundable... it's just this one seems fairly well Spec'd for the price, so I don't want to lose it!! Perhaps I should keep one eye open, incase something better comes up
Have you looked on the VW website and clicked on California?
https://used.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/vehicles
Lots of Beaches available at the moment, lots will still qualify for 10 yr finance.

Have you tried looking on autotrader? When I looked recently VW dealers were advertising quite a few new ex demo Cali Beaches in various specs. The other thing I would suggest is to ring as many VW dealers nationally as you can stand. Many will have Beach demonstrators that aren't currently advertised and you may find the exact spec you are looking for including the aux heater.
When we bought our ex demo Beach the dealer hadn't even registered it. We had to wait three months before we could collect it but it was well worth the wait. It had 171 miles on the clock and was mint. We had agreed a maximum 1000 miles limit.
image.png
It is an excellent way of buying a new Beach and can save you alot of money. If you find an ex demo Cali that has already been registered you will also beat the massive VED tax rise in April.

Last edited:
Still no parking heaters
And I think this tells you something. Just make sure that the vehicle has the options you need and not missing things that will limit your use and enjoyment.

Still no parking heaters
Not on the website ad, but not mentioned for the Oceans either so probably worth following up with phone calls to make sure.

@larrylamb im going to spend this morning doing exactly that and also @Borris asjjng if anyone has ex demos coming up

@WelshGas clutchibg at straws here, but are you saying a heater isn't all that important else they would have been spec'd with them

@WelshGas clutchibg at straws here, but are you saying a heater isn't all that important else they would have been spec'd with them

Unfortunately the opposite. I think you will find a Beach - without a heater takes longer to sell compared to one with that option.

For us, the heater was the only essential accessory. I was prepared to be flexible on everything else. We ordered new as we never found a used Beach with a heater

I think they don't add heaters to pre-reg vehicles as they're an expensive option. Tho they do bling them up with all sorts of other options.

I never found one with a heater either.

What I did find was that the spec list on the vw used vans was generally missing the complete spec & it was always better to ask.

For plain vans, Liverpool have a lot of stock well-priced just now, including Jan 17 regged.

I think they don't add heaters to pre-reg vehicles as they're an expensive option. Tho they do bling them up with all sorts of other options.

I never found one with a heater either.

What I did find was that the spec list on the vw used vans was generally missing the complete spec & it was always better to ask.

For plain vans, Liverpool have a lot of stock well-priced just now, including Jan 17 regged.
I don't doubt that you are right. However if these VW Commercial dealerships had fitted Auxillary Heaters, then I suspect that the heater less Cali Beaches currently advertised on Autotrader etc would have flown out of their doors. I can say from experience that there is at least one dealer that realises that this is an important option to anyone buying a camper van and tries to include them on their demo vehicles. Try Laine Watts at SMG Tonbridge.

SMG Tonbridge are currently advertising this Beach on Ebay.
image.png
This one has the elusive Auxilliary Parking heater and other useful toys as well.

As I have said previously, they seem to be a dealership that know what a family buying a camper van are going to want.

SMG Tonbridge are currently advertising this Beach on Ebay.
View attachment 18713
This one has the elusive Auxilliary Parking heater and other useful toys as well.

As I have said previously, they seem to be a dealership that know what a family buying a camper van are going to want.

Thank you borris - I rang them today and they only told me of the red one (that they also have advertised on eBay) and not of this blue one! I was on for ages talking about Overnight heaters, options etc. so thank you for pointing it out to me!! It's absolutely perfect, but Unfortunately it's 10k more than the one we have seen - such a shame!!

Thank you borris - I rang them today and they only told me of the red one (that they also have advertised on eBay) and not of this blue one! I was on for ages talking about Overnight heaters, options etc. so thank you for pointing it out to me!! It's absolutely perfect, but Unfortunately it's 10k more than the one we have seen - such a shame!!
That's a shame. You could try haggling. He did us a fantastic deal but that was twelve months ago now and the market has probably changed since then. He is a very nice chap and is one of the few VW salesmen that we have talked to that really knows about the Cali. I think Laine has merely ordered the exact same spec as ours.

How long does it take for the finance to be issued as we have just been told our van
is that our local garage !!!!!

Back