Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12th April ---- OHH YESSSSSSS 2

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Goodness, non-essential shops, businesses, services open. What have you waited for so long for?

Mine was an avatar-changing moment! 0830 and at the hairdressers. Can now wear it down without those lovely, beautiful, silver highlights showing off. OHH YESSSS.

Next stop the gym!

Who else?

Got up at 4.45 to pack the van and headed down to the coast. Just making up beds and then out for a walk on the beach. Even just drinking tea, looking at a different view, is an absolute dream come true!

It’s stopped snowing and the sun is coming out :thumb

P.S. Loving the hair @GrannyJen21C18945-E851-45C6-AA2E-F35BD3397A2B.jpeg

No need to rub it in, some us are working full time & youngest went back to school today so no chance of going anywhere.

Got up at 4.45 to pack the van and headed down to the coast. Just making up beds and then out for a walk on the beach. Even just drinking tea, looking at a different view, is an absolute dream come true!

It’s stopped snowing and the sun is coming out :thumb

P.S. Loving the hair @GrannyJenView attachment 76563

Snowing?

Where are you?

Sunny and dry on my bit of the coast ...

It was snowing in Epsom when we left, but by the time we got to Sussex it had turned to rain. Sky is clearing and some blue bits shining through. We are just down the coast from you @GrannyJen, at West Wittering.

It was snowing in Epsom when we left, but by the time we got to Sussex it had turned to rain. Sky is clearing and some blue bits shining through. We are just down the coast from you @GrannyJen, at West Wittering.

Love West Wittering.

I’m looking forward to being able to sail there from Emsworth for a picnic with the boys. Driving there is such a faff!

Goodness, about 20 miles as the bike flies!

Love West Wittering.

I’m looking forward to being able to sail there from Emsworth for a picnic with the boys. Driving there is such a faff!

I'm just outside Chichester and the sun is shining for the first time today!

West Wittering beach should be much better with the online booking system they have now, you book and just drive in (must read the numberplate I guess).

Until it breaks or some numpty blocks it up by arriving unbooked :)

West Wittering beach should be much better with the online booking system they have now, you book and just drive in (must read the numberplate I guess).

I used that a couple of times last season, but the drive from Emsworth is long and slow: 18 miles by car, 3 or 4 miles by boat.

We tried sailing with four of us in a leaky Mirror dinghy last year but got distracted by common seals diverting us to Pilsey, and we eventually turned back.

I’m looking to buy an Enterprise. Light enough to launch and recover single handed, big enough for two adults and two children.

Snowing?

Where are you?

Sunny and dry on my bit of the coast ...
You must have been in the gym! There was a good 10 minutes of snowfall in Arundel, about 10 am.

Snow here as well - most days this last week I’ve woken up to icing sugar coating on the Beach
Gorgeous dawn this morning but definitely made me think of ‘Red sky in the morning, Shepherds warning’. Then just as we reversed out of the drive the first snowflakes fell. By the time we got to the main road it was coming down heavy but nothing was going to put us off!

West Wittering beach should be much better with the online booking system they have now, you book and just drive in (must read the numberplate I guess)
We were there recently, no one in the kiosks, just a number plate reader. Fab place, being going there for 40+ years!

You must have been in the gym! There was a good 10 minutes of snowfall in Arundel, about 10 am.

No, I was in Worthing having my hair blow-dried about then. no snow on the coast but rarely is.

...er, that would be me this morning.

We’re permit holders and so don’t need to book. Unfortunately due to number plate recognition you do need to inform them when you change to a private plate...doh! They don’t allow you just to make changes over the phone now either, you have to supply a copy of the V5. Oops... only slightly embarrassing!!!

I used that a couple of times last season, but the drive from Emsworth is long and slow: 18 miles by car, 3 or 4 miles by boat.

We tried sailing with four of us in a leaky Mirror dinghy last year but got distracted by common seals diverting us to Pilsey, and we eventually turned back.

I’m looking to buy an Enterprise. Light enough to launch and recover single handed, big enough for two adults and two children.
There is always something so lovely about seeing families sail up and head on to the beach for a picnic or BBQ.