Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V dehumidifier - recommendations?

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I'm looking at getting a 12V dessicant dehumidifier to run intermittently over winter (no garage), the end goal being to do so primarily off solar so that I can ensure the interior is dry but without having to plug into EHU all the time. I have read previous threads on the subject (including all of the comments about ventilation, etc.), and there are some recommendations for 240V units, but I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for 12V models please? Or indeed something which might run on 12V and 240V, if the latter would give greater throughput if occasionally needed for any reason.

I'm looking at getting a 12V dessicant dehumidifier to run intermittently over winter (no garage), the end goal being to do so primarily off solar so that I can ensure the interior is dry but without having to plug into EHU all the time. I have read previous threads on the subject (including all of the comments about ventilation, etc.), and there are some recommendations for 240V units, but I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for 12V models please? Or indeed something which might run on 12V and 240V, if the latter would give greater throughput if occasionally needed for any reason.
I just use 2 Disposable Humidifiers placed in the California and checked / changed every month. Seem to do the business collecting water and the interior always dry. Electric ones if cheap don't have good reviews and certainly not come across any 12v ones that are more effective.

Last edited:
I agree - I don't think it's a worthwhile category. I run a fairly large 240v dehumidifier in my cellar & cant see anything smaller being any use.

Thanks - that seems to have thrown some more Amazon suggestions onto my screen too. Will update this thread with performance etc. if I get one.

Back