Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

14 Peaks: Nothing is Impossible

GrahamB

GrahamB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone else seen this on Netflix? Nirmal Purja (self styled Usain Bolt of the mountaineering world) leads a team of six elite Nepalese climbers to attempt all fourteen 8000m summits in seven months. Mind blowing.

Great film with an even greater show of endurance and what is truly capable.

Anyone else seen this on Netflix? Nirmal Purja (self styled Usain Bolt of the mountaineering world) leads a team of six elite Nepalese climbers to attempt all fourteen 8000m summits in seven months. Mind blowing.

Not watched it, but will.
Sounds like my kind of thing :thumb

Watched last night. It's a good film, but I felt it didn't really convey just how much an impressive feat it was. I guess filming in those environments is super difficult, especially when time is of the essence. I have great respect for Nirmal, his team and the people behind the project and I look forward to whatever they have planned next!

It’s on my list to watch.
The alpinist looks good too think it will only be to buy/rent though when released.

Very good.
Staggering effort, it’s amazing what’s possible by some people.
Thanks for sharing :thumb

Very good.
Staggering effort, it’s amazing what’s possible by some people.
Thanks for sharing :thumb
Stunning isn’t it? I am going to have to watch it again, I can still barely get my head around the scale of the achievement. Could only be done by Sherpas. Purja and nine other Nepalis did the first winter ascent of K2 this year, and he was the only one to do it without oxygen. Superhuman.

This was a first film to receive a standing ovation at Kendal Mountain Festival last month. The second was Rick Stanton's film about the rescue in Thailand later that day.
We don't do standing ovations at KMFF!

Netflix approached KMFF to Premier the film. Kendal punching well its weight again.

In the Nissan film, just look at them moving smoothly and consistently above 6000m. Superhuman might not really say it.....I watched in wonder.

I wanted to watch Mountains on Stage this year, but they took away my local viewing spot…:(

The best thing about this film is him refusing to leave stricken mountaineers on the mountain. Both of his rescues were heroic even though one guy did not make it. He is an utter credit to mountaineering and the Sherpa communities.

I found it humbling.

The Nepalese are some of the poorest people on the planet with hearts bigger than the planet and the Sherpa's take loyalty and diligence to a completely other dimension. Their ability to be at peace during times of horrific adversity has inspired many to save their own lives and for the Sherpa to save many more.

This man made the impossible the possible and with the humility to put his own campaign and his own life on the line to save others.

Amazing man from an amazing people.

Yes, I watched it last weekend. Amazing.
I think it was difficult to convey the enormity of what they acheived in such a short film. For mere mortals any one of those peaks is worthy of 90mins let alone 14 of them including the Everest/Makalu/Lhotse in 48 hours part.
It wasn't until I watched it that I realised it was him who posted the image of the Everest summit queue. Certainly merits rewatching. I like the suggestions for similar films. Keep them coming!

1638957275314.png

Yes, I watched it last weekend. Amazing.
I think it was difficult to convey the enormity of what they acheived in such a short film. For mere mortals any one of those peaks is worthy of 90mins let alone 14 of them including the Everest/Makalu/Lhotse in 48 hours part.
It wasn't until I watched it that I realised it was him who posted the image of the Everest summit queue. Certainly merits rewatching. I like the suggestions for similar films. Keep them coming!

View attachment 87281

That is a beautiful picture, but one that confounds me. I find it obscene with so many on such a majestic mountain but in that I am hypocritical for I gave everything to go to the Himalaya so why shouldn't they.

Coincidentally just watching a programme on the Lake District and having the same feelings. I have clearly grown old :)

FREE SOLO.
A first solo climb of El Capitan's 900mm vertical rock face in Yosemite.
Real jaw dropper. Available on Disney+, Amazon,YouTube, and Google Play.

THE RESCUE.
Under a mountain this time instead of on top. It Chronicles the dramatic 2018 rescue of 12 Thai boys from inside a flooded cave. Just become available on Disney+ from the 3rd Dec and limited theatres. Inspirational.