Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

150 DSG info

C

caliblue

caliblue
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our new cali ordered as a manual 150 is being made as DSG with no extra cost to us.
We are hoping to test drive one before we decide what to do.
We would appreciate advice about how the engine responds as against a manual which we already have.
How controlled is slow reversing as when using levelling ramps?
When pulling away from junctions is the reaction immediate or is there a lapse?
How does the engine cope with steep inclines? We go abroad twice a year and like going up and down mountain roads.
What mpg do you get-is it much less than a manual in similar situations?
We will perhaps have a much better idea when we've had a go in one but your opinions would be appreciated
Thanks

Having driven a 140 manual a 180 DSG and a 150 DSG I bought the 150 DSG. Each to their own of course but after a short adjustment period I bet you’ll prefer the DSG but perhaps not the power loss albeit slight. A squeeze on the throttle selects a better gear if you are wanting more.
You can also put it in manual don’t forget (but you won’t need it most if not all of the time). I get 38 to 42 Mpg on truly urban mixed journeys and am expecting that to improve after 20,000 or so miles.
The drive is superior to manual in my opinion but that argument has been done to death!

I would say lucky you DSG at nil cost
I revese ours up our drive into road no issues and no lag at junctions
never owned a Auto/DSG prior to our 2012 se when we go tour T6 DSG was only gearbox on my list

Hill no issues up or down Porlock Hill

You'll love the DSG.
Some hilly or country roads are better in S-MODE mode, but you'll soon find what suits you.

Thanks for your replies which have been most helpful.
We have now had a drive in the DSG and were very pleased with the ride.
Now looking forward to March delivery.
Our present California-a 2015 180ps manual will then be looking for a new home.

I would say lucky you DSG at nil cost
I revese ours up our drive into road no issues and no lag at junctions
never owned a Auto/DSG prior to our 2012 se when we go tour T6 DSG was only gearbox on my list

Hill no issues up or down Porlock Hill

Agree.
That’s a nice little freebie.
I would tick the DSG Option if I was replacing

Back