Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

150Tdi 4Motion and lowering springs

J

John Slater

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
My local van centre says the approved VW aftermarket are incompatible with a 4Motion. Anybody else used any alternatives or been told different, which seems unlikley.

My local van centre says the approved VW aftermarket are incompatible with a 4Motion. Anybody else used any alternatives or been told different, which seems unlikley.

I didn’t want them anyway but I was told the same.

There will be plenty on here I suspect who don’t agree. Like I say I’ve no axe to grind as didn’t want them anyway as I find the Cali drives well enough and prefer to keep the ground clearance. No doubt there are after market solutions that would improve handling but not required on a T6 for me.

Mike

In comparison to the 9 year old T5 T32 conversion it has replaced it wallows on corners a suprising amount.

In comparison to the 9 year old T5 T32 conversion it has replaced it wallows on corners a suprising amount.
Do you have heavy duty anti roll bars fitted? They seem to help reduce roll in corners, even with standard springs. Available as a retrofit I believe.

Thanks will check that out

What helped me for better handling:

Replaced shock absorbers with Monroe
Replaced springs with Seikel.
Heavy duty anti roll bars.

All on 4motion 150
It isn’t good idea to lower 4motion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Are those the standard VW heavy duty anti-roll bars?

Do you have heavy duty anti roll bars fitted? They seem to help reduce roll in corners, even with standard springs. Available as a retrofit I believe.
It’s almost as if they were designed and named with that exact purpose in mind....

Last edited: