Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17 robots browsing?

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
Just happened to notice that at this moment there are 17 robots browsing on the forum ... just wondered what this meant and what they are doing!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a robot and how do you spot one?

Morning David these are bots that trawl the internet gathering information for search engines the busier the site the more bots it will attract this is the main reason that if you type VW California into search engines like google we come out top on most searches they are very clever.

Just happened to notice that at this moment there are 17 robots browsing on the forum ... just wondered what this meant and what they are doing!
They belong to Mercedes! ;)

As some may think that i myself use the forum like a robot ... i am not one ....some on here got to meet me irl. please confirm my existance!
And my avatar is other than the "no face blue jumper" type , without the tie doh..:D
The first time i saw how many robots beeing online here i was also supprised , but guess it's a common thing .

Yes HC does exist, I can vouch for that! :thumb

Thread title reminds me of a Christmas song. Partridge in a Pear Tree, but that only goes up to 12 ...... :D

As some may think that i myself use the forum like a robot ... i am not one ....some on here got to meet me irl. please confirm my existance!
And my avatar is other than the "no face blue jumper" type , without the tie doh..:D
The first time i saw how many robots beeing online here i was also supprised , but guess it's a common thing .

Yes we met you at factory tour, you looked reasonably life-like ;)

We met at the Champagne meeting. It was all too well organised for a human so I have my doubts :(

Back