Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

17" Timaru alloy wheels 7J x 17

er….perhaps a clue as to what you want to know?

Fiddly to clean. I've got Claytons on my ordered T6 Transporter and they're a bit that way, but the Timaru look even worse.
If I was paying extra for alloys I'd go for Devonport as they're easier to live with and I prefer the look but that's just me.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on the Timaru 17" wheels.

Yes I agree the Devonport look good and does suit the vehicle however, I have decided to go the whole hog and now specifying the Springfield 18" which is new to the T6 range and does look superb. Note: this is only available to the 204 PS and not the 150 PS version for some reason

Don't mind the cleaning so not a problem and wanted something special as this is probably the last new California I will buy

Thanks for the comments though Freeley

Do you get a Spare Wheel with the 18" wheel option?

The wording is "Steel spare wheel with original equipment tyre" I suppose this must be 17" but better than a 'skinny' I guess - like most options you don't really need it but if it makes you happy and you can afford it then go for it!

So to confirm, you can only have the 18" Springfield Alloy option on the 204 PS so we upgraded to the 204 option then we just found at that if you choose the 18" option you lose the spare wheel and have to have a tyre mobility fixing kit! So you pay £1700 more and you get less!!! Is this the worst product value ever?? However, you can pay extra for a spare wheel if you want through dealer spares - laughably backward!!

So to confirm, you can only have the 18" Springfield Alloy option on the 204 PS so we upgraded to the 204 option then we just found at that if you choose the 18" option you lose the spare wheel and have to have a tyre mobility fixing kit! So you pay £1700 more and you get less!!! Is this the worst product value ever?? However, you can pay extra for a spare wheel if you want through dealer spares - laughably backward!!

I don't think the 18'' wheels fit in the spare wheel carrier, thats the problem.

It would be useful if they tell you though

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tyre Mobility Kit?

One came with my Touran as there was no spare. In 11 years I have not needed it. A couple if punctures I have had have been slow enough to just use the compressor to re inflate and get me home or to a garage. I have however never felt comfortable without a spare and would not go for the no spare as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk