Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

18inch sport lines don't fit

S

Staff 2

Hi,

I bought a set of 18" Sportline wheels and winter tyres about 6 months ago and tried to fit them today and discovered a problem!!. My Cali is a 2010 180 4Motion and find that the wheels are hitting the brake calipers.

The wheels came off of a 2009 Caravelle and I assumed that they would fit OK, my mistake!!!

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Hi, I tried to order some of these for my 2010 facelift, I was then called back by the dealer and told they will not fit! I assume this is the reason why?

I am still on the look out for an alternative.

This is not much help but I'm sure I have read somewhere that they will fit the 140 but not the 180 due to the larger brakes on the 180.

I have an option to pick up a set of second hand 18" sportlines (pre-facelift version) for my 2011 facelift 140 model. Will they fit? from what I can tell reading this they should, right?

Also, can anyone tell me if 18" tyres are more expensive on average than the 16" 'standard' tyres the Cali comes with

At guess I would say 18s would be more expensive than 16s due to the extra materials required & 16s are probably a more common size. (supply & demand)
But you could always check on some of the tyre websites.

Oct 25, 2011, 8:14am, Blakey wrote:
I have an option to pick up a set of second hand 18" sportlines (pre-facelift version) for my 2011 facelift 140 model. Will they fit? from what I can tell reading this they should, right?

Hi Blakey, yes they fit the facelift 140 fine......the facelift 180 now has larger brake calipers than the pre facelift

Hello all,

The only wheels you can fit to a facelift 180ps are the New Sportline 18"alloys. These come in a matt black colour(which look really good) or silver. They are priced £154.17+vat each.
No other alloy from any other T5 will fit.

Hope this helps guys

does the original poster (I can't see who it is) want to sell me the sportlines and tyres?

Fred the original poster was sleepyjoe I think you will have to wait until he moves over to this forum
And ask him if he still has them
I hope this helps.