Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1991 fridge issue

Davor Butkovic

Davor Butkovic

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi guys

Got a bit of a problem, just packed up to go away, loaded the fridge up, went on to turn it on and there seem to be an issue. Can't set a temperature and can't switch it on. Not used fridge in about 8 weeks and last time worked just fine.

Read a few treads and can't seem to find anything g ghatcremsted yk this problem.
We are away in Scotland for a few days and depending f on whatever nay need a fridge.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dav

any errors on the control panel? Have you checked the fuses?

Leisure battery voltage sub 10.5v ?

Hi guys
Back in reception zone, will look into suggestion with fuse, however temperature gage came back no this morning, switched the fridge on and an hour later when I checked again, snowflake was on but temperature reader was blank again and now I no snowflake again.

Leasure battety is fine as everything else works and showing 12.8V.

Not looked under the fridge, but before I start pulling it all out I though get some idea first.
My understanding is that there'll be two fuses one from leasure battery one from mains, am I wrong, need to look at a manual suggested earlier.
Is thermostat first protocol of power, does the power supply start with thermostat?

Thanks so far guys.

One fuse. B pillar, behind drivers seat.

Checked small fuses in B pillar they all seem fine see pictures for the message I get. Now it will show temperature sometimes and I am able to switch the fridge on, or at meat it's what controls show, but I don't thing the fridge itself works. Switching fridge on it's only temporary as temperate disappears after some time.
I sm hoping that's it's not the fridge and maybe a thermostat.

What do you think guys?

IMG_8751.JPG

IMG_8752.JPG

Thanks Sidepod.

Looking out of the window this morning so please I left the camp site early, last night as I was due back today.

Should do some unloading and then let the investigation begin. I feel that even when I switch the fridge on, on the control panel, which is a problem when you can't select the temperature, I actually can't hear anything running. I am sure that fridge made some noise before when working.

Interesting afternoon ahead, thats if kids and wife let me enjoy myself for the afternoon.

Dav

Update on my fridge, managed to get an hour to play.
Taken the panel off and while trying to disconnect the main feed that goes into into the fridge, the fan kicks in and begin to cool. Put it down to loose connection, although hope its not one of those that come back.
Have now checked all connections and it all seem to be working fine. All tests are fine too.
It looks like that electronic fridge controller has been changed before, but looks to be working.
Some photos along the way

IMG_8791.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

IMG_8793.JPG

IMG_8794.JPG

IMG_8795.JPG

IMG_8796.JPG

Back