Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st Awning

Daniel Roberts

Daniel Roberts

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,
Looking for advice and assistance in finding an awning.
As a family with two little ones it will mostly be used to store equipment and at the end of the day a place to enjoy a beer (or vino in the wife's case) when the little ones are in the van fast asleep (wishful thinking).
Quick pitching is key, so nothing too big.
Ive seen the Outdoor Adventure Movelite t2 at the camping show in Manchester and size wise it fitted the bill, but before i make my purchase im keen to see what else is on the market and what peoples experiences are and if there is anything further to consider when purchasing an awning.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good evening

I have the Vango Kela, it’s quite expensive (there is one for sale i think in the forum) its superb and its up in 10 mins

Good evening

I have the Vango Kela, it’s quite expensive (there is one for sale i think in the forum) its superb and its up in 10 mins
Looks great, quite a few models. Which model do you have?

We have the Vango Kela and find it perfect for our needs with two boys aged 2 and 4. We use it for storage and as a dining room when too cold or wet outside. For extra space, attach it to a fully wound out awning and you have a huge covered lobby area, fully protected if you have side panels.

With practice, 10 minutes to put up or pack away.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

We got the Kampa Travel Pod Air and are very pleased with it … actually, there is another thread running right now on the same topic.

Hi I'm looking at the Kampa Travel Pod Air touring. It's a cracking awning.

kampa-classic-side-view.JPG

Thank you all for your advice. Food for thought. I'll be sure to let you know what i went for.

Im after one that sits parallel to the van, with the door in line with the bonnet if you know what i mean. Im not keen on Khyam and all the Vango ones seem to be 90 degrees from the van. Other than a few outdoor revs, are there any others anybody could recommend?

Im after one that sits parallel to the van, with the door in line with the bonnet if you know what i mean. Im not keen on Khyam and all the Vango ones seem to be 90 degrees from the van. Other than a few outdoor revs, are there any others anybody could recommend?

The Vango Galli sits parallel to the van.

agreed, i dont want something thats massive on space, and cost. Ill google the outdoor rev dealers and see what they have to offer if theirs nothing suitable in the club shop of course.

agreed, i dont want something thats massive on space, and cost. Ill google the outdoor rev dealers and see what they have to offer if theirs nothing suitable in the club shop of course.

Vango Galli Compact? See club shop.

Hi I'm looking at the Kampa Travel Pod Air touring. It's a cracking awning.

View attachment 29569

Anyone looking for a Kampa Travel Pod, we have these arriving next week and we will be stocking the VW California version designed for the right hand sliding door. These really are great awnings and come complete with an inner bedroom as standard. Dont foget you can also claim your VIP discount on these

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...-touring-air-drive-away-awning-vw-r-h-version

Thanks I agree it is a awesome awning, will you be supplying the polly-cotton version?

Thanks I agree it is a awesome awning, will you be supplying the polly-cotton version?

We were advised that the pollycotton one is not as popular so that will be special order only, should take no more than 2-3 days.

We have the Vango Cruz Low, it' great if your staying for a couple of days but if only staying for a day I'd use the comfort awning room. Its on my wish list

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-awning-kit-camping-room
Hi Taff,

I have just purchased a Cruz (low) as my first Awning for my first Van. Not had a chance to get it out yet, but please can you advise if you use a Kador strip or if you tuck behind the edge awning and tighten up (as a solution I have read elsewhere). Also any tips you can provide a newbie on installation? Any help apprecIted.

Cheers Andy

I'm definitely going for the Kampa Travel Pod Touring Air, but I still can't make my mine up on the polly-cotton or standard.

Hi Taff,

I have just purchased a Cruz (low) as my first Awning for my first Van. Not had a chance to get it out yet, but please can you advise if you use a Kador strip or if you tuck behind the edge awning and tighten up (as a solution I have read elsewhere). Also any tips you can provide a newbie on installation? Any help apprecIted.

Cheers Andy

Depends on location and how well I line the van up on return, kandor strip gives more of an allowance but prefer just a figure of 8 onto top edge of awning, gives extra hight, better for drainage

Depends on location and how well I line the van up on return, kandor strip gives more of an allowance but prefer just a figure of 8 onto top edge of awning, gives extra hight, better for drainage
Thanks Taff

Off to buy the Kampa Travel Pod Air Touring in Polly-Cotton today.

So after reading all reports and looking at each of the awnings i went for the Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2. Its cheaper than the Vango but consider it to be as good quality. Plus the deal i also got a free hardstanding groundsheet:)

I looked at the larger version of this awning. I really liked the quality, but the only thing that put me off was the lack of fly sheet in the main door for ventilation.