Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2+Dog - Best options?

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

Just wondering what everyone finds to be the best option when there are two of you + 1 dog.

We've got a smallish border collie and we're anticipating that we'll sleep upstairs and have her downstairs, but would want to probably have some kind of pop up travel crate maybe?

What about travelling along? Do you tend to use a brandrup cover on the bed extension bit behind the seats and find it's good enough for dog travel or do you have them in the cabin behind the front seats? Travel crate?

It seems like there is so much space that it needs careful thought for travelling safely etc. She won't wear a seatbelt harness thing but does settle down well on a journey.

One more thought - do you have or take with you the comfort mattress bed extension thing (that unfolds) or just leave it at home??

Thanks

IMG_7145.JPG IMG_7144.JPG IMG_7142.JPG
Hi Everyone

Just wondering what everyone finds to be the best option when there are two of you + 1 dog.

We've got a smallish border collie and we're anticipating that we'll sleep upstairs and have her downstairs, but would want to probably have some kind of pop up travel crate maybe?

What about travelling along? Do you tend to use a brandrup cover on the bed extension bit behind the seats and find it's good enough for dog travel or do you have them in the cabin behind the front seats? Travel crate?

It seems like there is so much space that it needs careful thought for travelling safely etc. She won't wear a seatbelt harness thing but does settle down well on a journey.

One more thought - do you have or take with you the comfort mattress bed extension thing (that unfolds) or just leave it at home??

Thanks
Hi Will, Here's our Pepé. We use a large wine box with a memory foam pillow on top (!), and he is restrained by clipping him to a Puppia harness. We think it would be a great idea to get a proper box that can hold EHU cable and other stuff. Works for us and the dog. Pepé isn't a big dog.

View attachment 24999 View attachment 24998 View attachment 24997
Hi Will, Here's our Pepé. We use a large wine box with a memory foam pillow on top (!), and he is restrained by clipping him to a Puppia harness. We think it would be a great idea to get a proper box that can hold EHU cable and other stuff. Works for us and the dog. Pepé isn't a big dog.

Hi @Salty

Can I ask who re-trimed your seats? They look great! I've a T6 Beach (3-Seater) and thinking of a re-trim to leather also.

Cheers, Jonathan

Thanks Salty, a pic says a thousand words!

I have to say too, having seen your Beach in person that the leather retrim is absolutely top notch quality. Very impressive.

Hi @Salty

Can I ask who re-trimed your seats? They look great! I've a T6 Beach (3-Seater) and thinking of a re-trim to leather also.

Cheers, Jonathan
Ps, as for the stitch pattern I wated it to look like a factory production job. I'll send you some mor epics if helpful.

We tend to put their beds on the bench seat and let them travel there with harnesses They also tend to sleep on the bench on their beds too, we don't put the downstairs bed down any longer as they fit quite nicely on the bench. Minimises the hassle. :)

Rudy does like the front seats when he gets a chance though. :)

Trimtechnik completed in a day for £1314.00 inclusive. They will do any design you like if you give them 10 days notice. I went for practical for my personal taste. all creases are now out so sorry about the poor images.CaliforniaOcean_01.jpg CaliforniaOcean_02.jpg CaliforniaOcean_03.jpg CaliforniaOcean_04.jpg