Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 pin 150w socket blowing fuse

calireg

calireg

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
hi guys ...not sure whats happened , but the socket seems ok and i've tried all different adapters and it still blows the 30 amp fuse straight away when i plug them in even with no load on it... tried having a plug in the socket then put the fuse in and blows straight away... Vehicle electrics are not my forte lol

Filling in your vehicle details would help us help you. We've no idea if you've just collected a brand new vehicle of if it's a 25 year old.

You say that the socket seems ok but there might as well be something wrong inside the socket causing the fuse to blow....
Think you need to investigate behind the socket/wireing

I have tried to get the socket off , but don’t want to force it as it seems it’s mounted very tightly ...

I have tried to get the socket off , but don’t want to force it as it seems it’s mounted very tightly ...
You have to remove the trim to get to the Socket/Inverter.

Cool ... got the trim off and can see the little inverter ... can I test this or is a suck it and buy a new one ?
Thank you

Cool ... got the trim off and can see the little inverter ... can I test this or is a suck it and buy a new one ?
Thank you
I’m not sure how you can test it or repair it if faulty.

Part 23

A5591AF5-9036-4D76-BE15-66A1618E84BB.png

Replacement is £200 which is just stupid money for what it is ... found a another one spec the same just out of a tourag , but not 100% it will work

Replacement is £200 which is just stupid money for what it is ... found a another one spec the same just out of a tourag , but not 100% it will work
Hi Calireg, I know its over a year since you posted this, just wondered if the Tourag one worked ok?

Ian