Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold 2 x Brompton folding bicycles. The ultimate accessories?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am reluctantly selling our two, nearly new Brompton H6L folding bicycles. They were intended to be useful accessories to augment our VW California outings. They fold away neatly into their own compact storage bags so they can easily be carried securely inside the van, therefore no need for a bike rack.

They were my idea and a jolly good one even though I say so myself. However after only three outings my wife has decided that the Brompton is definitely not for her. So our loss could now be your gain.

20190810_175104.jpg
20190810_175314.jpg
20190810_174940.jpg
20190810_175713.jpg
20190810_180000.jpg

These bicycles are the Rolls-Royce of folding bikes, demonstrating British ingenuity and workmanship at it's best. They are in as new, mint condition with no faults, marks, scratches or damage. They are offered for sale complete with the following accessories:

1. Brompton tool kit x 1
2. Brompton battery rear lights x 2
3. Bontrager battery front lights x 2
3. Brompton front mounted detachable luggage/shoulder "C bags" x 2
4. Brompton "C Bag" flourescent waterproof cover.
5. Brompton tyre pumps x 2
6. Ugrip bicycle locks x 2
7. Manuals x 2

These bicycles sport immaculate black paint work and have identical specifications apart from the rear suspension blocks. One has the standard block suitable for those under 70kgs (154lbs), the other has the firm one, suitable for heavier riders. Both have regular all steel frames with Brompton unisex saddles. Each bike has 6 gears, the ultimate all rounder" option with the widest range of gears. They also have mudguards and both are shod with Schwalbe Marathon tyres. These are robust all rounder tyres for all riding conditions with added Kevlar puncture protection. The handle bars on both bikes are the H type which are perfect for riders who prefer an upright riding position.

Clearly these bicycles were designed for inner city commuters but they are brilliant for use in conjuction with your California. Park up, unzip, unfold and cycle to the shops, around the camp site or go exploring. If you don't fancy the ride back, fold it up and take the bus or train. I'm only sorry that my wife doesn't share my view.

These bikes and accessories cost me just over £2500 when new. Now offered for £2000 ono.

(The pitch forks aren't included).

Last edited:
I think the next bike I buy will be a Brompton electric bike.

I’ve been riding a Brompton (as a second bike) for nearly 15 years, virtually trouble free. We took our Bromptons around Europe with us for 12 months, saddle dropped and handlebars folded so they sat on the bike rack below the level of the roof.

Mine went down Flåm mountain towing a 2 year old and a 3 year old in a trailer behind. When the boys grew older we bought crossbar saddles for them to sit ahead of us.

My most recent outing on my Brompton was to Wandsworth County Court last Wednesday. I drove in our Cali to Putney Heath, parked for free on the road, got my Brompton out of the boot, cycled the last mile to court, folded my bike up and the security officers stowed it safely behind their reception desk.

What a versatile bike from the Norwegian mountains to an inner city courthouse.

I think the next bike I buy will be a Brompton electric bike.

I’ve been riding a Brompton (as a second bike) for nearly 15 years, virtually trouble free. We took our Bromptons around Europe with us for 12 months, saddle dropped and handlebars folded so they sat on the bike rack below the level of the roof.

Mine went down Flåm mountain towing a 2 year old and a 3 year old in a trailer behind. When the boys grew older we bought crossbar saddles for them to sit ahead of us.

My most recent outing on my Brompton was to Wandsworth County Court last Wednesday. I drove in our Cali to Putney Heath, parked for free on the road, got my Brompton out of the boot, cycled the last mile to court, folded my bike up and the security officers stowed it safely behind their reception desk.

What a versatile bike from the Norwegian mountains to an inner city courthouse.
I followed your exploits with great interest and your Brompton often featured in your blogs. If I'm honest you were partly the reason why I decided to buy the Bromptons. They seem to fit the Cali life so well. I only wish that Mrs B shared my enthusiasm for them. I have tried to persuade her to perceveer but alas "the Lady is not for turning".

I can vouch for the positive comments here. We have 2 Bromptons that sit on the rear shelf and come out pretty much wherever we go. It means we can access 2m high car parks, toll access on motorways and gives great flexibility. They are expensive but have really transformed our journeys.