Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
After all that time the wait is finally over. Collected 'Bulli Idle' on Friday in Amsterdam and drove him back to Hannover via the Tintin Museum in Brussels. First night in an underground carpark. Huge mistake with strobing green lights above every parking spot and a 2m height restriction that had me pucker more than once. Second night wind camping in Hamm Westfalia was a total joy. Super quiet spot found in Park-4-Night. Shame the weather wasn't cooperating.

First impressions.
Drives like a car, 204 4Mo DSG drivetrain offers plenty of grunt and assured footing. Seating position is superb, nice and high. I never get tail gated now although I did upset at least one Middle aged German in his Mercedes towing a trailer, when I manoeuvred in front of him in the slow lane. I guess no one likes staring at a barn door.
Interior F&F is excellent and solid. No squeaks or rattles. Parking heater obligatory in Northern Europe. Used it last night and kept me nice and warm at setting 4. Also reduces condensation.
Comfort mattress leaves a lot to be desired and should be referred to the Advertising Standards Authority. Will need to address this at some point. Only slept downstairs so far so can't evaluate the pop top yet.
Front seats are super comfy and I really like the captains chair armrests.
Wood effect floor is stays quiet warm. No problems walking with bare feet even when its just above zero outside.
Glad I bought the Project camper cab interior covers. The pullout VW ones are a menace.

Having never driven a Cali before and only sat in in one once, I can understand why they are so coveted. Looking forward to using the Cali for my next trip to France in the Spring using the France Passion membership. 1st wild camp in Cali.jpg

Now you're a proud owner, don't forget to update your vehicle ID

After all that time the wait is finally over. Collected 'Bulli Idle' on Friday in Amsterdam and drove him back to Hannover via the Tintin Museum in Brussels. First night in an underground carpark. Huge mistake with strobing green lights above every parking spot and a 2m height restriction that had me pucker more than once. Second night wind camping in Hamm Westfalia was a total joy. Super quiet spot found in Park-4-Night. Shame the weather wasn't cooperating.

First impressions.
Drives like a car, 204 4Mo DSG drivetrain offers plenty of grunt and assured footing. Seating position is superb, nice and high. I never get tail gated now although I did upset at least one Middle aged German in his Mercedes towing a trailer, when I manoeuvred in front of him in the slow lane. I guess no one likes staring at a barn door.
Interior F&F is excellent and solid. No squeaks or rattles. Parking heater obligatory in Northern Europe. Used it last night and kept me nice and warm at setting 4. Also reduces condensation.
Comfort mattress leaves a lot to be desired and should be referred to the Advertising Standards Authority. Will need to address this at some point. Only slept downstairs so far so can't evaluate the pop top yet.
Wood effect floor is stays quiet warm. No problems walking with bare feet even when its just above zero outside.
Glad I bought the Project camper cab interior covers. The pullout VW ones are a menace.

Having never driven a Cali before and only sat in in one once, I can understand why they are so coveted. Looking forward to using the Cali for my next trip to France in the Spring using the France Passion membership. View attachment 104700
Congratulations! Enjoy your adventures.

First impressions.

Having never driven a Cali before and only sat in in one once, I can understand why they are so coveted. Looking forward to using the Cali for my next trip to France in the Spring using the France Passion membership. View attachment 104700
Good looking van. Congratulations.

what a lovely looking van! Well done! (mine will look very similar when i pick it up, other than being a Beach Edition)

First impressions.

That is some journey you’ve been on @Corradobrit - really pleased you’ve finally got your wagon!! Happy camping :cheers

Last edited:
Congrats, you can finally update your profile = No longer looking to buy, but a Proud owner, travel well :Stig

Welcome. They are great vehicles. Enjoy every moment.

:welcome

First impressions.

Back