Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2001 Cali Exclusive - Rear stabilizer bar diameter?

tdi_ywg

tdi_ywg

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Greetings,

I am putting together a parts list for my winter suspension bushing refresh project. One small problem - I am not sure if my rear stabilizer bar (ARB) is 26mm or 28mm. It's a bit rusty so getting an accurate measurement is tough. Does anyone know which diameter was fitted on the California Exclusive?

Thanks!
Scotty

Greetings,

I am putting together a parts list for my winter suspension bushing refresh project. One small problem - I am not sure if my rear stabilizer bar (ARB) is 26mm or 28mm. It's a bit rusty so getting an accurate measurement is tough. Does anyone know which diameter was fitted on the California Exclusive?

Thanks!
Scotty
Hello Scotty. If this diagram is anything to go by your ARB is 26mm. If you have the service book with the option codes sticker in the front you should be able to confirm the PR code matches the diagram - PR-0BB.

Should have mentioned the PR code bit: I don't have any "0Bx" codes at all. If others have "0BB" then I'm satisfied that mine is 26mm as well.

Interesting bit of work planned, I'm sure that it would be interesting to know if replacing all the bushings will give a big improvement to handling, reduction in rattles noise etc. Are you planning in using genuine VW parts?
I'm new to camper vans, but from my knowledge of suspension, upgrading the anti roll bars can give an improvement in handling, however to retain the balance its important to get the correct size of rear and front roll bar.
My Cali freestyle has quite a bit of body roll, so upgrading the anti roll bar is something I'm considering looking in to.

Interesting bit of work planned, I'm sure that it would be interesting to know if replacing all the bushings will give a big improvement to handling, reduction in rattles noise etc. Are you planning in using genuine VW parts?
I'm new to camper vans, but from my knowledge of suspension, upgrading the anti roll bars can give an improvement in handling, however to retain the balance its important to get the correct size of rear and front roll bar.
My Cali freestyle has quite a bit of body roll, so upgrading the anti roll bar is something I'm considering looking in to.
I assume you've had a look under the rear of yours Padraic? The short wheelbase T4 doesn't generally have a rear ARB. Unless they decided to fit them to the 151HP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point, I'll have a look in the morning, I presumed that it would have one, but it might explain the body roll.!!!!

Good point, I'll have a look in the morning, I presumed that it would have one, but it might explain the body roll.!!!!
Worth a nosey. Ours is a 102HP and doesn't have one fitted. The 151HP might be different but if it doesn't I can only imagine it would improve the ride quality. It's on my 'to-do' list.

Worth a nosey. Ours is a 102HP and doesn't have one fitted. The 151HP might be different but if it doesn't I can only imagine it would improve the ride quality. It's on my 'to-do' list.

Yea I'm sure it would do no harm to fit one, hopefully adding one wouldn't change the handling characteristics in a negative way.

Back