Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2008 T5 Air Con Diagram / Schematic for hunt the leak…

356DNA

356DNA

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I’m looking for a diagram of the pipe location / condenser / evaporator locations front and rear for my T5 so I can go hunt the refrigerant leak and hopefully fix it. It was refilled with gas and dye but lasted less than 3 days so hoping it’s an obvious failure. Unfortunately the UV light doesn’t show anything obvious up front.
thanks.

I’m looking for a diagram of the pipe location / condenser / evaporator locations front and rear for my T5 so I can go hunt the refrigerant leak and hopefully fix it. It was refilled with gas and dye but lasted less than 3 days so hoping it’s an obvious failure. Unfortunately the UV light doesn’t show anything obvious up front.
thanks.
Do you have the Climatronic 3 zone AC?

If you do the aircon pipes run from the front Drivers side RHD, inboard of the sliding door, under the plastic underguards, up the rear wheel arch to the secondary evaporator behind the trim panel in the boot, on the drivers side.
Prone to damage and corrosion around wheel arch area, but not that common.

Thanks. That’s excellent. I’ll take a look there. Interestingly I did notice that when taking the caps off the low pressure and high pressure valve under the bonnet, both were glowing bright green. Is this normal, or perhaps a faulty Schaeder valve?

Thanks. That’s excellent. I’ll take a look there. Interestingly I did notice that when taking the caps off the low pressure and high pressure valve under the bonnet, both were glowing bright green. Is this normal, or perhaps a faulty Schaeder valve?
Sorry, I don't know.

This might help.

Select Campmobile in column 1. Then select year of vehicle and Body section for details of the zircon system. The aircon pump is in the Exhaust/Cooling section.

Back