Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2011 VW Cali DSG on ebay - advice?

M

Maje

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Vol...213763?hash=item1a528e6683:g:24EAAOSwCHJa9G5c

Recently spotted this on ebay. After reading forums, I'm concerned about possible problems with the 2011 180ps engine although it does have full VW service history. Engine is CFC 038146. It is a long drive away to view so wondered if there were any pointers or some advice. Have emailed garage but the Director who knows the vehicle is on annual leave and cannot answer queries yet. Tempted to leave it but would really appreciate any advice you folks could give me.

That looks quite expensive for that year/mileage , there was a similar one on here for £30k a few weeks ago. I imagine prices will start to dip even further now we are coming to end of the season.

Just think the residuals on these calis is absolutely amazing. Nearly 80k on clock, 7 years old and still asking £33k.

Its a dealer selling this and this particukar dealer rents out campervans so this could be a previous Hire Camper, make sure you ask.

However, they have some good reviews and 100% feedabck and as its a dealer you should get some comebacks and a warranty for added peace mind if anything major goes wrong.

That looks quite expensive for that year/mileage , there was a similar one on here for £30k a few weeks ago. I imagine prices will start to dip even further now we are coming to end of the season.
Thanks for the prompt reply, Victor - it does feel pricey. Hope they will drop!

Just think the residuals on these calis is absolutely amazing. Nearly 80k on clock, 7 years old and still asking £33k.

Its a dealer selling this and this particukar dealer rents out campervans so this could be a previous Hire Camper, make sure you ask.

However, they have some good reviews and 100% feedabck and as its a dealer you should get some comebacks and a warranty for added peace mind if anything major goes wrong.

Thanks for the advice MarkVw2017 - was thinking that although mileage nearly 80, being a ex-hire means proper servicing etc?? Will definitely ask! I wonder what I would get for it after putting on another 50,000 miles...

Thanks for the advice MarkVw2017 - was thinking that although mileage nearly 80, being a ex-hire means proper servicing etc?? Will definitely ask! I wonder what I would get for it after putting on another 50,000 miles...
True, it would have had a good service, but if it is a ex hire, also wouldnt have been driven as well compared to just one or two loving owners and would have had 7 years of very different driving styles.

Warranty wise do 3 year after market warranty (they overall have good reviews)

Costs about £600 a year but if you do this, of course makesure whats covered in the small print (and can gurantee, it would not be any campervan related faults, more mechanical, engine etc) :thumb
Screenshot_20180728-130040_Chrome.jpg

True, it would have had a good service, but if it is a ex hire, also wouldnt have been driven as well compared to just one or two loving owners and would have had 7 years of very different driving styles.

Warranty wise do 3 year after market warranty (they overall have good reviews)

Costs about £600 a year but if you do this, of course makesure whats covered in the small print (and can gurantee, it would not be any campervan related faults, more mechanical, engine etc) :thumb
View attachment 35935
Check very carefully that they cover ALL the Habitation equipment.

Check very carefully that they cover ALL the Habitation equipment.
Thanks for the advice on this. Are there any warranty companies you guys would recommend for a cali?

Hi All,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-Vol...213763?hash=item1a528e6683:g:24EAAOSwCHJa9G5c

Recently spotted this on ebay. After reading forums, I'm concerned about possible problems with the 2011 180ps engine although it does have full VW service history. Engine is CFC 038146. It is a long drive away to view so wondered if there were any pointers or some advice. Have emailed garage but the Director who knows the vehicle is on annual leave and cannot answer queries yet. Tempted to leave it but would really appreciate any advice you folks could give me.
Read this thread, please.
So you are forewarned.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/oil-comsumption-engine-problems-with-2010-2011-calis.11145/

Thanks - forewarned indeed.

I bought this van, Lol :)

I read all the ‘advice’ on here beforehand including all the horror/scare stories on this forum about the 2011 180s. I decided to ignore everything I read here and chance it anyway. After all this was a ticking bomb that had been ticking for 7 years and 80,000 miles without going off.

So glad I did. I’ve had it 5 months now and it’s used as my daily driver, the van is awesome.

No regrets

I bought this van, Lol :)

I read all the ‘advice’ on here beforehand including all the horror/scare stories on this forum about the 2011 180s. I decided to ignore everything I read here and chance it anyway. After all this was a ticking bomb that had been ticking for 7 years and 80,000 miles without going off.

So glad I did. I’ve had it 5 months now and it’s used as my daily driver, the van is awesome.

No regrets

Glad its going well!

Back