2012 SE / 55.000km maintenance

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Took mine to Camper Centrum Nederland (Amersfoort) friday for a maintenance , it was 2y ago but only 20.000km as mine is not a daily drive only used for pleasure trips.
I also asked to change the DSG gearbox oil , normal only at 60.000 but after 6y i tought it might be good to put fresh in .
Drove to Holland on thursdayevening and stayed the night on theire parking to hand over the keys at 8am fridaymorning . Saying to change the gasregulator and rubber hose (out of date ) and the button on the controlpanel is loosing it ....bumpt against it with my head and lately it's a bit loose.

While in the meantime checking out the Cali's in the showroom and parking ...
After 30 min they came to me with the checklist that they have spotted a rip in the canvas (i knew) , a few plastic washers on the side of the upper bed missing (knew also) .
And a price quote for the two things asking if ok to repair 20€ , i let them do it .

The controlpanel was taken out and the frontpanel button included was changed and i asked to put the protection cap on it . A small plastic cap that covers half of the button protecting it against bumping in to it .
The whole change + placing the protecting cap only cost me 50€ , glad i did not buy the replacement set myself as i thought about doing it myself but for that money i don't mind VW do it.

Price of the maintenance job 825€
Oil , plugs , DSG oil , airco filter/ maintenance , breakfluid , ...

Happy with the result and the money spent , a lot of money yes but spread over two years reasonable . Found a checklist on the passengersseat and a tag on the rearviewmirror with the mechanics name and a message saying it is possible that some things are moved in the verhicle and they are thankfull you came to CCN .

The protecting cap on the control panel
IMG_7881.JPG
The checklist i found on the passengerseat , with some simple stuff like profile dept of the tyres , and the things the did
IMG_7884.JPG
Also found these stickers under the bonnet .
IMG_7883.JPG

Tear aid repair on the canvas
IMG_7874.JPG

Now i need to get out more...!

Great report, thanks for sharing. Sounds like these guys are very skilled and know what they do. Good point with this protection cap, did not know there is something like that.
IMO price is more than OK and comparable (sorry, does this word exist) with the prices over here.
Wish you many more great holidays in your „hotel california“!

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Sounds like a great price and a great service... Tempted to drive there myself for servicing!!

Popped in to this Cali sanctum last week whilst following my late father’s campaign trail across the Low Countries.
The 100000 Euro gold Ocean was a sight to see.

Back