Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 Cali sold (not mine)

reserves

reserves

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My friend listed his Cali on here, I always wonder how they go, how much interest they have, how close to the asking price.

He listed his

2013 California SE 140
25,000 miles
Grey
Climate
Multi Function Steering Wheel
DAB Radio
16' Alloys
Bike Rack
Aero Roof Bars

Can't remember all the rest, but Full Service History etc.

Advertised for £37,500, but reduced to £37,000 as all callers mentioned the Cambelt (even though VW told him it wasn't due).

Had about 10 calls, loads of offers for cheeky amounts (£31,000 according to Parkers Guide mate... etc.)

Sold it to the 2nd viewer for £36,000, which I think was a good deal for the buyer including Roof Bars and Bike Rack.

For anyone looking / selling thought it might be interesting.

Last edited:
Yes 4 years or 100k miles or so

I presume it was a 140SE?

This is good to know. We put an offer In for a 14 plate 140se that was on the for sale on here a short time ago. Unfortunately we didn't get it as the owner wanted more. Our offer was based on your friends Cali & a 62plate beige one which had just sold for for 35k.Both were similar in spec & milage to the one we looked at. The cali we offered on had a few minor issues the biggest being a 2" cut in the canvas which was through all three layers. Rear wiper didn't work either & it needed a real good clean. Think we offered a fair price given what we know now.

From my recollection of prices back then, that would have been about what was paid for the van brand new?

From my recollection of prices back then, that would have been about what was paid for the van brand new?

I actually have a copy of this order sheet somewhere, I'll dig it out.

From memory it was around £42,000.

Cam belt overdue, as above 4 years or 100k miles, ours being done in October after return from month in France.

Cam belt overdue, as above 4 years or 100k miles, ours being done in October after return from month in France.
Ours is now four years and five weeks old so I am very surprised that our local vw has not called us to advise this needs doing... they call for services air con etc....

I actually have a copy of this order sheet somewhere, I'll dig it out.

From memory it was around £42,000.

OTR list price £42,905 in 2011 for the basic 140 SE so upwards of that.