Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 Music Festivals

LowMan

LowMan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Everyone.

It may seem like someway off before the Music Festival season kicks in, but we couldn't help but notice that two of our favourites (Green Man and Festival No.6) announce initial lineups next week.

As festival attendance is a pretty big thing for Mrs LowMan and I, it got me wondering what other festivals people on here may be attending or would recommend, based on there own Cali experiences.

In the past we've been hiring (ahem) Motorhomes to attend many we've been to, so can't wait to take our newly acquired 'Foxy' to those we've got in our calendar.

Any experiences shared would be welcome.

Cheers :cool:

End of the Road just announced their first wave for the 10th anniversary (my 9th!) and now they are nearly sold out!

Also doing Once Upon a Time in the West, maybe Hotrod Hayride if the Commer behaves itself

End of the Road just announced their first wave for the 10th anniversary (my 9th!) and now they are nearly sold out!

Also doing Once Upon a Time in the West, maybe Hotrod Hayride if the Commer behaves itself

Yeah we've been meaning to go to End Of The Road for years. The lineup tends to align strongly with our own music tastes, and I can see that this years is no exception. Sadly it clashes with Festival No.6 so we'll have to keep it on the to do list.

Cheers

We have signed up for Womad and Musicport (Whitby)... something to look forward to!

Dartmouth music festival in May is a regular for us :)

We always go for Glastonbury tickets, and have been successful for the last 6 years. But it'll be End of the Road or Green Man if we can't get them.

We'll be looking at Latitude once the lineup starts coming out. Then we may also get to Just so festival for the kids, went a few years back and loved it, so much for them to do/watch.
If it were just me and the Mrs then we'd be at several others :rolleyes:

I can see already that we'll have to keep our eyes peeled for some of you Cali folks on our Festival travels.

Never been to Glasto Pineweasel. Probably more to do with the challenge of getting tickets (not the most patient when battling in a ticket rush).

Tuono001 - we may also end up at Latitude. Been for the last five years, and as this will be it's 10th anniversary, it may turn out to be a good year to go.

Might have to consider Womad Larkrise. Never been, but always heard good things about it from friends. Whitby festival looks good to. Wasn't aware of it, but certainly looks like considering.

So many options....not enough holidays to spare ;)

Signed up as early bird for Larmer Tree Festival in Dorset. Line up not yet announced but is it's 25th Anniversary and should be a bit special. First year going with the Cali and really looking forward to it.

Did Beautiful Days in Devon last year with a group of tented friends and missed our Cali (stuck in the car park!) but undecided if we will go there this year, and if we do it'll be in the camper van field.

Signed up as early bird for Larmer Tree Festival in Dorset. Line up not yet announced but is it's 25th Anniversary and should be a bit special. First year going with the Cali and really looking forward to it.

Did Beautiful Days in Devon last year with a group of tented friends and missed our Cali (stuck in the car park!) but undecided if we will go there this year, and if we do it'll be in the camper van field.

Thanks for the info. Both of these look pretty good. We may be down in Devon around the time of Beautiful Days, so might be worth us adding this to our list.

Cheers

I have been to Linton festival & Acoustic Festival of Britain for last two years. They are both on same weekend this year so will have to choose between them this year.

Sent from my SM-G900F

End of the road as always (my favourite) - although they moved the campervan field last year and it's now a bit of a stroll, excitedly driving to Urkult festival in Sweden end of July

End of the road as always (my favourite) - although they moved the campervan field last year and it's now a bit of a stroll, excitedly driving to Urkult festival in Sweden end of July
Oh wow. Urkult! I used to work for a Scandinavian company and a couple of my colleagues were regulars there. It looks like a beautiful festival. Very envious. Hope you'll be posting photos :)

Did I meet you last year Linda? If so I owe you some measurements!!!

Booked V festival at Chelmsford in our cali for the 4th year running .Normally do not turn up till late on the friday evening so normally get squeezed in somewhere on an uneven pitch but doesnt bother us as dont spend much time in the van anyway.Notice the campervan pass now includes caravans even though there has always been caravans there !

Dave and Lisa

Larmer Tree was excellent and perhaps for the first time we really saw the benefit of having the Vango Kela attached. 5 days without power and the batteries only dropped to 60% (used for fridge only and a little bit of lighting in the evening).

Signed up for Isle of Weight next year, with the van, and probably will do Larmer Tree again but the Cali and festivals are absolutely made for each other.

Back