Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2015 T5 Cali, rear bumper protector

H

Hogie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi, I’m trying to source a genuine VW rear bumper protector, but have been told by two separate VW dealerships that they don’t have one to fit the 2015, their system seems to show the part available up to 2013 and then from 2016, for the T6, any help in this matter would be appreciated, it may be that the only option is an after market product, if so, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I’m trying to source a genuine VW rear bumper protector, but have been told by two separate VW dealerships that they don’t have one to fit the 2015, their system seems to show the part available up to 2013 and then from 2016, for the T6, any help in this matter would be appreciated, it may be that the only option is an after market product, if so, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn’t get too hung up on sourcing a genuine VW bumper protector as they suffer from colour fade. On my second Cali I went for an aftermarket bumper protector and much happier with it.

Thanks for your reply, I wasn’t particularly hung up on a genuine one, it was just I was having issues getting one from my local accessory supplier, this may seem an odd question but, does any protector for a T5 van with a hatch fit, and there is not one specifically for a Cali?

I ordered one from these guys in Germany. You can choose thickness and colour.
And as it was free shipping for the one or the other reason, I ordered one for my dad's T6 too.
Very easy to mount yourself (with water!!) and seems very decent.

Try Van-X. Yes, I believe all 5.1 models with similar single back door will have the same bumper shape.

Try Van-X. Yes, I believe all 5.1 models with similar single back door will have the same bumper shape.
Not all. Only since the MY2011 they are the same for all T5.1. My T5.1 from end 2009 still has the T5 bumper, and is a little bit different looking, but don't think it matters much for the protector as the base shape is quite the same.

Back