Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2017 Beach, Yippeeeeee

Owlish

Owlish

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all

After a long time window shopping, we have finally bought a Beach, collecting this week, hurrah! We have 2 kids (7 & 5) and it feels like they're at the perfect age for it. And having holidays during school holiday time without crippling us will be nice :D

We've been reading lots of threads here, and are really looking forward to our first trip and working out what we need.

Hello all

After a long time window shopping, we have finally bought a Beach, collecting this week, hurrah! We have 2 kids (7 & 5) and it feels like they're at the perfect age for it. And having holidays during school holiday time without crippling us will be nice :D

We've been reading lots of threads here, and are really looking forward to our first trip and working out what we need.

Great stuff & Welcome

Mike

Enjoy your shiny new toy .... :welcome

and show us some photos :)

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Welcome.

Your kids certainly are the right age, they will love it!

What spec is it?

Welocome along Have a wonderful time creating all those :welcome

Welcome , you did try one out and bought it only seeing it thru window shopping ?

Welcome to the club, happy travels ️

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Welcome and congratulations Owlish.
Your kids are going to love the Beach. IMO it is the very best family vehicle that money can buy. It does absolutely everything well.

Don't buy too much stuff, just stick to the basic necessities at first. You'll soon find out what you really need to buy.

Does your Beach have a parking heater?

One accessory that I can recommend is a Brandrup Isotop liner. They are expensive but well worth the outlay. Read all about them on the forum.

Happy adventures and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome!
Got my Beach a couple of weeks back. No regrets at all, it is superb!
Wish I had owned one when my kids were little. You are going to have a ball!!
Farl

Thank you all - we're really excited, can't wait for our first adventure. These forums are an invaluable source of information, thank you!

What spec is it?

It's a 2017 150 Auto - acapulco blue :thumb

Welcome , you did try one out and bought it only seeing it thru window shopping ?

Never driven one before, just hankered after it for the last couple of years! I'm surprised at how car-like it is to drive. Ace being so high up.

Welcome and congratulations Owlish.
Your kids are going to love the Beach. IMO it is the very best family vehicle that money can buy. It does absolutely everything well.

Don't buy too much stuff, just stick to the basic necessities at first. You'll soon find out what you really need to buy.

Does your Beach have a parking heater?

One accessory that I can recommend is a Brandrup Isotop liner. They are expensive but well worth the outlay. Read all about them on the forum.

Happy adventures and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you so much for your advice. It doesn't have a parking heater (sob!). We've bought an electric one for when on hook-up but also considering a webasto for our wish list. I'll go look at the Isotop Liner, not heard of that before! :)

@Owlish , i wanted a Cali for over 20y when i finally had the money i went to see one in the showroom , test drove it 30min and signed for that demo-Cali rolled away with it a few days later ...now almost 6y ago .
Only regret is that i waited so long to get one....

@Owlish , i wanted a Cali for over 20y when i finally had the money i went to see one in the showroom , test drove it 30min and signed for that demo-Cali rolled away with it a few days later ...now almost 6y ago .
Only regret is that i waited so long to get one....

Me too - I'm now wondering why the hell I've wasted years of my life buying cars and tents. Wish I'd got one back in my 20s instead of waiting till my 40s!