Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2017 T6 Roof

Sonas

Sonas

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Ive been reading about VW`s fix for the roof corrosion issue suggesting that they have used tape. Should this tape be visible on a new T6 Beach. I can't see any protruding from under the rubber parts.I just wondered if I should point this out to my dealer, or is it just visible on those roofs that have been repaired.

Thanks

Ive been reading about VW`s fix for the roof corrosion issue suggesting that they have used tape. Should this tape be visible on a new T6 Beach. I can't see any protruding from under the rubber parts.I just wondered if I should point this out to my dealer, or is it just visible on those roofs that have been repaired.

Thanks

As I recall from the factory visit it is hidden under the rubber seal, so it is not visible unless you pull that seal of (I would not do that). Don't worry be happy ;-)

As I recall from the factory visit it is hidden under the rubber seal, so it is not visible unless you pull that seal of (I would not do that). Don't worry be happy ;-)
Not always hidden.....see my latest post.

As the weather is starting to improve I’m planning to remove th. seal and add some helicopter tape and refit the seal over it.
As I haven’t seen one taped, do we think that the 25mm wide tape is what they are using?
Found it in 3m rolls made by 3M..

@Loz , i think in the roof corrosion post someone mentiont taping the edges himself using tape giving a part nr. .

• Thanks
Reactions: Loz
@Loz , I remember discovering the tape about two months after I took delivery of my Cali in Feb '17. The tape can be visible both outside and inside of the roof lip but never both at the same point. This suggests that the tape is quite narrow and is just sufficient for an accurate wrap around. My judgement would be that 25mm tape has been used in my case. Judgement? I have not removed the seal to verify as I do not intend to interfere with the seal unless forced to (earliest 3 months before warranty expires!). Hope this helps.

As the weather is starting to improve I’m planning to remove th. seal and add some helicopter tape and refit the seal over it.
As I haven’t seen one taped, do we think that the 25mm wide tape is what they are using?
Found it in 3m rolls made by 3M..
Hi Loz, Did you get anywhere with the part number? And.......have you done this job yet and if so how did you get on?

Back