Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2017 vw california Ocean t6 DCC electrical schock absorber

Marc7400

Marc7400

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. I have a question about the dcc shock absorberen in the front left of my california.

I had issues while driving on a bumpy road. It felt a lower metal sound, only left side.

It was replaced bij a dutch vw dealer, but the sound was still here.

Are there People here that have the dame issues of the dcc schock absorbers? It can set on mode soft, normal, and sport.

Thanks.

Regards Marc

Was alcohol involved in the making of this post?

Only difference between standard shock absorbers and the DCC (electrically adjustable) ones is the damping rate. To put it another way you can change how firm or soft the ride is by controlling the fluid flow rate inside the damper.
This should have no metallic noise effect so it would suggest suspension bushes including the anti-roll bar may be the cause. VW should have fully investigated that before replacing a strut.
Have a search on the Forum for the same fault on standard suspension for suggestions.

Only difference between standard shock absorbers and the DCC (electrically adjustable) ones is the damping rate. To put it another way you can change how firm or soft the ride is by controlling the fluid flow rate inside the damper.
This should have no metallic noise effect so it would suggest suspension bushes including the anti-roll bar may be the cause. VW should have fully investigated that before replacing a strut.
Have a search on the Forum for the same fault on standard suspension for suggestions.
They Will be replace the schock absorber bij factory. So i went to a belgium vw dealer. I Will get back on this subject after the switch.

They Will be replace the schock absorber bij factory. So i went to a belgium vw dealer. I Will get back on this subject after the switch.
Januari 17 2019, our cali is then 2 years old...

Back