Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2019 t6 ocean price

C

challengedavid

Vehicle
Looking to buy
a few days ago i put a deposit on a 2019 t6 ocean in white for 49.5k
just wanting to see what peoples thoughts on it are?
white, with smokers pack, comfort pack and lighting pack
6 speed non dsg 5k mileage 1 owner

so have i paid too much? its really at the top end of my budget
but its tempting that the 6.1 coast is only a little more

also with the new VED rates i will be paying £475 a year for the next 4 years
and a new registered one will be £260 going forward

thanks in advance

Welcome.
Are you happy with the van? You are buying a superb vehicle that may change your life. Enjoy it and stop worrying about the money. The time to do that was before you placed the deposit.

In the absence of more detail the price seems about right . :thumb

Last edited:
loved it, much nicer than my current one, BUT i am concerned that i have agreed to purchase quickly due to the Covid madness with vw's or just campers in general
and it may be overpriced as i was not looking before so dont know if prices have increased
also try as i might the dealer would not budge on price as there is limited stock
no extended warranty or servicing included going forward

but for the same price you can pre order a coast new (basic spec)

If it were me I would do a list of plus points and minuses for both vans and see which one is closer to meeting your needs. You may find one eliminates itself due to too many minuses. Never an easy decision but may help.

thanks for the reply

i suppose the main question is the one i have reserved overpriced?

i can only afford to do this once and it needs to be right

The price sounds about right from a dealer but it's a shame it does not have the extended warranty. Have a look on the classifieds as I think there are a few T6s for less money and with the warranty from private sellers.

As already mentioned if you are happy with it don’t worry about it, in terms of the 6.1 with discount through AutoeBid you are looking at 50k on the road for a coast and 57800 for an ocean and I think they currently include 2 years warranty and servicing :thumb

The price sounds about right from a dealer but it's a shame it does not have the extended warranty. Have a look on the classifieds as I think there are a few T6s for less money and with the warranty.
have looked they tend to get snapped up quickly, also nervous buying private as i got stung last time buying one that the dpf had been gutted which was a costly thing to put right

loved it, much nicer than my current one, BUT i am concerned that i have agreed to purchase quickly due to the Covid madness with vw's or just campers in general
and it may be overpriced as i was not looking before so dont know if prices have increased
also try as i might the dealer would not budge on price as there is limited stock
no extended warranty or servicing included going forward

but for the same price you can pre order a coast new (basic spec)
Well it is a sellers market at the moment. If it bothers you that much you could always back out of the sale but I don't know where you'd stand re your deposit. My guess is that you would probably get it back since dealers seem to have more potential buyers than stock to sell at present.

Doesn't that fact that the dealer wouldn't budge on price speak volumes?

If your buying private within the warranty period there is very little risk so long as servicing is all fully up to date and you do an HPI check , Don't let it put you off as quite a few bargains have appeared over the last week.

totally understand but i suppose the safety of buying from a dealer adds a bit
very nervous as its buyer beware buying private
but you do have some comeback from a dealer

the last t5 camper i bought was strong money and it cost 1.5k to put it right
i suppose i was just naive, but to sell a van with the dpf gutted was a kick in the balls
he knew as it was 1 owner van, i lost a lot of sleep over that

but the good news is that i have been offered good money for it and now its put right i can sell it with a clear conscience

I think that it is natural when making a significant purchase to reflect on what you have done. In this case, the price might have been + or - a little bit, but you made a choice and although you say it's at the outer edge of your budget, you must have at least given it some thought. Stick with it and enjoy!

Were all nervous when it comes to handing over 50 g’s

I was at a dealers a few weeks ago, they had 4 caliO’s all second hand, not massive spec, STD H7 lightsetc, all £52k and over, all bar one had sold.

I would say the price is about right in the current climate

It’s not an investment it’s a way of life your investing in, the investment will not make money, but it will inrich your life.

Stress less or bail, if you bail you’ll probably regret it soon after.

We’ve all been there with the head and Heart push me pull you scenario.

I do sympathise with your dilemma, but it’s like having kids, you forget the self induced stress and bad bits once they are here !

What’s the worst can happen, you change your mind, loose a couple of grand and order a T6.1 some time In the future, or you decide it’s not for you and sell, recouping most of your initial outlay.

Whats the best can happen, you love it and never want to part :bananadance2 :cheers

Would you get a 6.1 before 2021?

@challengedavid - I'll give you complete transparency as an owner a couple of weeks ahead of you.

Last Friday, we bought a California Ocean 199 through a dealer at 56k.

Registered in December 2019, with 2.8k miles on it. It has LEDs, Adaptive Cruise, and the reversing camera/lighting pack, awning and towbar.

At times we paid too much. At times, we paid too little. It varies, fluctuates and differs. At the end of the day, on our trip out today, we had a McDonalds with the table out, the chairs turned round and our little 20mo running between the seats (with her greasy hands all over the dials *cry*).I'm a project manager at heart, and our cost-benefit-analysis struggled to meet. But at the end of the day, the smile our 20mo had will be engrained on my brain aswell as my mrs.

You WILL NOT be getting the best deal - that position will only be held by a single individual, and the chances of it being you will be minimal. Take solice in the fact that your kids/family will be having the time of their lives.

We bought ours a week ago yesterday. Since then, i've never seen such fire in my other half's eyes. Most men would be upset that their woman's fire is because of packing cubes, but truthfully....it just emphasises the opportunities on the horizon!

As a side note, I'm planning a romantic evening soon. Does anyone know anywhere that does costumes where I can become a packing cube?

All depends on if you wanted to use it this summer. If so you’ve paid a fair price.

Sure, you might have got a better deal if you’d waited for winter, but who knows, life is too short at the best of times.

thanks in advance

We understand your anxiety, a lot of us have been through similar thought processes.
We had wanted a California for a long time, debated it to death but always came back to still wanting it, even the £475 tax although annoying didn’t dissuade us.
When we did purchase we think we got a decent deal, but tbh if we didn’t we don’t care now. Every time we get in it, or even look through the window at it, it makes us happy.
For us now, our mind set is, no one is guaranteed tomorrow, live for today as much as possible.
Buying a Cali has been such a positive, even with lockdown and having 4 trips cancelled in that period (we should be away now) we absolutely love it.
Only you can decide what is right for you, but you can over think it. Buying a Cali, as it was for us, is very often a purchase of the heart not the head.
We wish you luck.

If you wanted to compare a Coast to the T6 this thread has loads of info

thanks in advance
Hi David I have a 69 plate 150 manual Ocean without the lighting pack, but with extended warranty comfort mattress and a few other extras. He covered just 4k.

If I were to advertise it now I would want north of 50k for it so I would say you have a good deal providing the condition of the one you have bought is as near to as new as possible although if it had the extended warranty you might feel more at ease. A dealer recently offered me 48k for mine.

As has been said its not unusual to question yourself and seek reassurance when committing to spending such a large sum.

Hi David I have a 69 plate 150 manual Ocean without the lighting pack, but with extended warranty comfort mattress and a few other extras. He covered just 4k.

If I were to advertise it now I would want north of 50k for it so I would say you have a good deal providing the condition of the one you have bought is as near to as new as possible although if it had the extended warranty you might feel more at ease. A dealer recently offered me 48k for mine.

As has been said its not unusual to question yourself and seek reassurance when committing to spending such a large sum.
comfort mattress
lighting, smokers and comfort packs
upgraded wheels
as near mint you can get for a 5k van
has the zip out front on the poptop which earlier oceans dont have,
not quite a year old yet

so not too bad, just the extended warranty is a gamble, chances are it will be ok

comfort mattress
lighting, smokers and comfort packs
upgraded wheels
as near mint you can get for a 5k van
has the zip out front on the poptop which earlier oceans dont have,
not quite a year old yet

so not too bad, just the extended warranty is a gamble, chances are it will be ok
Sounds like a decent deal.

well i just sold my 2012 t5 camper for 25k, 5k more than i would have taken for it + christmas
and looking at used prices i might have got more if i had sold it on ebay
so need its replacement asap

i guess thats about the right price, just wanted to make sure it was not more than it should have been due to people covid panic buying