2020 Britstops

How do you feel about Britstops now?

• I've never had Britstops, don't think I'll ever need it

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • I tried it once but doubt I'll bother again

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I'm going to try it for the first time in 2020

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • I've had it more than once but overnights are easy to find without it these days so no longer bother

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • I got it last year and use it enough to renew

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I usually get it and will renew, it's just not worth being without it at that price

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • I found something I think is better

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So once you have paid your fee is camping always free but it would be protocol to spend there or do some charge
Yes,
It's not compulsory to purchase anything but the system depends on each stop getting some custom. So there is an onus to do so where you can.

So once you have paid your fee is camping always free but it would be protocol to spend there or do some charge
There is no obligation to buy / spend anything at a Britstop, but I feel we spend more at them than when staying at a campsite... however, that's usually a decent barmeal & drinks, which we would have 'required' anyway.

Yes, free (except some charge, but it’s all in the book - mainly town centre or popular car parks). You pay for the book, which is a directory, and the organisers send monthly updates via email. Most use the places they go to and are customers. We tend to go to places that we would want to be customers at anyway. The free bit is just a space to park overnight and sleep, but some have more facilities, some charge for extras, some don’t. It’s all listed in the book.

Whilst I agree that they state that you are not obliged to give them your custom, when I’ve used them I’ve always felt it was expected. On one occasion it was ”suggested“ that I should and given the excellent facilities they provided it was only proper to do so.
Don’t know if it’s a British thing, but aren’t people funny! We join a scheme where you can have something for free (that’s been previously agreed and is all “up front”) then feel obligated to do something different. Obviously the places would like extra custom but if someone was getting a little too full on and insistent, I’d remind them about what they agreed to and report it to the organisers to check on. They always get in touch with them and sort it out, that’s what they’re there for.

Back