Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2021 offers

blondebier

blondebier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I just saw this offer from Drive the Deal:

All VW California ordered between 1st April & 30th June will qualify for a free 4-year care package, which includes the following benefits:
  • Four free routine services
  • 4th Year Extended Warranty
  • 4th Year Roadside cover
  • 1 years Caravan & motorhome membership
Hopefully that would come with a reasonable discount also.

Unfortunately it adds up to less than the £1600 VW discount (£1000 options + £600 deposit contribution or cash incentive) that was being offered until 31 March

Unfortunately it adds up to less than the £1600 VW discount (£1000 options + £600 deposit contribution or cash incentive) that was being offered until 31 March

Agreed. Makes sense though as, unfortunately VW have no need to incentivise the sale of the Cali at the moment.

Last edited:
I just got £1000 deposit contribution in Oct. No VW discount, but just over £8000 discount from DtD

Ask vw to match Drive the Deal. We did and they got extremely close.

Ask vw to match Drive the Deal. We did and they got extremely close.

Yep, however the £1,600 recently was contributed by VW, hence it would be Drive the Deal + the VW discount.

Not sure why VW would offer incentives with such a long lead time.
They have project figures to justify the facility, incentives bring the fish into the net early (list price isn’t really what they sell for, but you know that ;) )

They have project figures to justify the facility, incentives bring the fish into the net early (list price isn’t really what they sell for, but you know that ;) )
Do you think there could be a downside to paying Drive the Deal price for a new Cali? Might the DTD dealers large quota (or the price paid) lead to less priority?

Do you think there could be a downside to paying Drive the Deal price for a new Cali? Might the DTD dealers large quota (or the price paid) lead to less priority?
firstly I think DTD are brilliant, the discount they offer straight off the bat is top notch. My experience of DTD was excellent although ultimately I bought an in stock vehicle from a dealer, Mainly because I wanted it now !

However these aren’t normal times, dealer stock is virtually non existent due to Covid and this introduced a whole raft of unforeseen issues Across the world.

To give you some perspective relating to one component:
i recently had a leather retrim, normally, from order to fitting would be 10 days. i waited over 7 weeks due to issues at the Factory which had to close due to covid, they reopened for a short period of time and are now closed again, which is causing all sorts of headaches, not just for the company but for a myriad of other businesses it’s a disaster as they rely on the leather seats to be able to complete their builds and complete sales etc. This is essentially one component issue, now multiply that by the amount of individual components required to make up a complex vehicle :headbang

as you elude to, the dealer has an allocation with VW (not DTD)
so when the dealers quarterly allocation is used up it is entirely possible that VW will prioritise vehicles for build to another vendor IMO.

Although having said that planning of vehicle production is highly complex process, the production planning dept. Will prioritise the route of least resistance which introduces a large dollop of luck In so far as delivery schedule.

I have followed this thread and there appears no apparent rhyme or reason why some orders have been delayed longer than others. there are theories and what ifs, but the reality is VW have simply not got the capacity or parts to build all the orders that they would like to and would be considered normal (in normal times) they are chasing an unprecedented backlog, with added problems being thrown into the mix on a daily basis for parts and resources supplies, so somethings got to give somewhere.

I sympathise massively with all those who are experiencing extend delays snd the apparent and very real poor communication from VW in general.

in answer to you question regarding DTD, you pays your money you takes your chance and with DTD you get a very healthy discount. Would your van have already been delivered if you ordered elsewhere where, is no possible way to know unless you were privy to the decisions being made at VWHQ

DTD orders are being delivered, it appears that the priority of build and deliveries Does not follow a “normal” pattern ATM, however there doesn’t appear to be a set pattern to determine if a particular order will or will not be delivered in the time frames expected.

Tim I think you are stressing / obsessing everyday and searching for reasonable rational as to why you think your van is receiving lower priority than others (which I would be if I were in your situation, so that is not a criticism is a fact of the way you are Which make you You)

the best advice I can give you : Worry not about the thing you have no control over
(easy for me to say i Know, but it’s true, you cannot influence the outcome no more than I can ! )
if it helps make a journal where by it records your journey from the decaion making process through to current day, a diary of events, your thought process , communication, etc from pre order date to present time, this may help give you a clear time line to look back on and May help occupy your time,
ultimately and very frustratingly you are in the hands of others, with little Chance to influence the outcome.

once again I sympathise with all those who’s experience is less than expected and who’s frustration is palpable.

firstly I think DTD are brilliant, the discount they offer straight off the bat is top notch. My experience of DTD was excellent although ultimately I bought an in stock vehicle from a dealer, Mainly because I wanted it now !

However these aren’t normal times, dealer stock is virtually non existent due to Covid and this introduced a whole raft of unforeseen issues Across the world.

To give you some perspective relating to one component:
i recently had a leather retrim, normally, from order to fitting would be 10 days. i waited over 7 weeks due to issues at the Factory which had to close due to covid, they reopened for a short period of time and are now closed again, which is causing all sorts of headaches, not just for the company but for a myriad of other businesses it’s a disaster as they rely on the leather seats to be able to complete their builds and complete sales etc. This is essentially one component issue, now multiply that by the amount of individual components required to make up a complex vehicle :headbang

as you elude to, the dealer has an allocation with VW (not DTD)
so when the dealers quarterly allocation is used up it is entirely possible that VW will prioritise vehicles for build to another vendor IMO.

Although having said that planning of vehicle production is highly complex process, the production planning dept. Will prioritise the route of least resistance which introduces a large dollop of luck In so far as delivery schedule.

I have followed this thread and there appears no apparent rhyme or reason why some orders have been delayed longer than others. there are theories and what ifs, but the reality is VW have simply not got the capacity or parts to build all the orders that they would like to and would be considered normal (in normal times) they are chasing an unprecedented backlog, with added problems being thrown into the mix on a daily basis for parts and resources supplies, so somethings got to give somewhere.

I sympathise massively with all those who are experiencing extend delays snd the apparent and very real poor communication from VW in general.

in answer to you question regarding DTD, you pays your money you takes your chance and with DTD you get a very healthy discount. Would your van have already been delivered if you ordered elsewhere where, is no possible way to know unless you were privy to the decisions being made at VWHQ

DTD orders are being delivered, it appears that the priority of build and deliveries Does not follow a “normal” pattern ATM, however there doesn’t appear to be a set pattern to determine if a particular order will or will not be delivered in the time frames expected.

Tim I think you are stressing / obsessing everyday and searching for reasonable rational as to why you think your van is receiving lower priority than others (which I would be if I were in your situation, so that is not a criticism is a fact of the way you are Which make you You)

the best advice I can give you : Worry not about the thing you have no control over
(easy for me to say i Know, but it’s true, you cannot influence the outcome no more than I can ! )
if it helps make a journal where by it records your journey from the decaion making process through to current day, a diary of events, your thought process , communication, etc from pre order date to present time, this may help give you a clear time line to look back on and May help occupy your time,
ultimately and very frustratingly you are in the hands of others, with little Chance to influence the outcome.

once again I sympathise with all those who’s experience is less than expected and who’s frustration is palpable.
Thanks mate yeah it may come across as stress and obsession on here, but in reality I’m tuned out for days, then chip a quick para in on here which probably makes my mental state look worse than it is. I totally accept the supply issues, but the comms are painful. I do have a sympathetic dealer (Ben at Eurovans) but have to accept that VW isn’t a single entity. The dealers are at the mercy of the factory, and if you have a lot of options ticked you can expect more difficulty getting on the ‘path of least resistance’ as you say. When they have a crack at comms though, and say delete the towbar and you ‘might’ move up, then you hear about vans with towbars being delivered you realise they are constantly changing that path of least resistance and you should probably avoid trying to game it.
I am calmer too now, because we’ve booked a glorious glamping site in Cornwall in late July (The Rock retreat near Polzeath) cancelling the campsites I hoped to debut my Ocean on. I think that family commitment (and my perceived lack of availability of alternatives) was stressing me a bit.
Nice idea about the journal, but for me, it’s water under the bridge and I prefer to look ahead...my day will come and I’ll have a (tedious!) story to tell.