Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2021 price rise

V

VictorW

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Am looking to buy an Ocean, discussing a discount with VW, now been informed there will be a 1% price hike in July 21 for base price and options so must decide. Also been told that any vehicles landing after March are not protected from this rise even if ordered today(June)
Obviously any vw ordered now will not be delivered before March 22 after reading previous posts on delays. They have said they would honour the price they quoted as total price he has give me has the 1% rise in it. Will be asking if it still has the 4 year care plan as that is for vehicles ordered before end of june21.

Am looking to buy an Ocean, discussing a discount with VW, now been informed there will be a 1% price hike in July 21 for base price and options so must decide. Also been told that any vehicles landing after March are not protected from this rise even if ordered today(June)
Obviously any vw ordered now will not be delivered before March 22 after reading previous posts on delays. They have said they would honour the price they quoted as total price he has give me has the 1% rise in it. Will be asking if it still has the 4 year care plan as that is for vehicles ordered before end of june21.
Welcome. Are you getting prices from the brokers before talking to the dealers? AutoEbid, or Drivethedrive will give you discounted quotes.

Welcome. Are you getting prices from the brokers before talking to the dealers? AutoEbid, or Drivethedrive will give you discounted quotes.
Yes, got prices from autoebid and DTD, dealer said he couldn’t match their discount and also said because vehicles delivered after March would not be protected then the Autobid price is based on old prices !!

That sounds odd with regards the price not being honoured if not delivered before March
Yes, there may well have been 3 price rises between me ordering and finally taking delivery, but I have paid a deposit (via DtD) and have a total on the road price to pay (48hrs before delivery) in a letter from DtD. I think it would be difficult now for VW to impose price rises on me?

That’s a load of ………..Speak to Breeze in Poole, amazing team and they will look after you. Beat Dtd hands down and great customer service.

That’s sound like Sales BS to achieve Monthly sales target ! Pressure sales!

when you order an item, the price you pay at point of sales should be the price you pay at delivery of the goods, you enter into a contract: Supply of goods and service.

I think that dealer (please name them ) should be avoided at all costs.

IMO, Plenty of dealers out there will gladly take your order now without adding the 1% premium Sales BS.

Rule number 1. Never believe a word a car salesman says. Ever.

The price you are quoted on the order is the price you pay, regardless of any subsequently price increase by VW. FACT.

Unless it says different in the small print on the order form.....

Any dealer that will give you a written guarantee against vw price rises will have factored the anticipated rises.

Below is typical small print from a VW main dealer.
TandC.jpg

Unless it says different in the small print on the order form.....

Any dealer that will give you a written guarantee against vw price rises will have factored the anticipated rises.

Below is typical small print from a VW main dealer.
View attachment 80768
I didn’t receive anything like this, just a letter from DTD stating the options ordered and the final on the road price (“subject to no changes in government taxes”). Both the dealer and DTD told me that i am protected from future price rises, but the letter doesn’t confirm that...

I didn’t receive anything like this, just a letter from DTD stating the options ordered and the final on the road price (“subject to no changes in government taxes”). Both the dealer and DTD told me that i am protected from future price rises, but the letter doesn’t confirm that...
If the letter clarifies the situation re taxes but stays silent on List price you are covered as it clearly tells you what could affect the price.
Having never actually bought through DTD, my understanding is that you still buy from the dealer, just at a figure agreed by DTD.
Do you get an order form from the supplying dealer? If so that's the document that you need to check, particularly the back of it.

If the letter clarifies the situation re taxes but stays silent on List price you are covered as it clearly tells you what could affect the price.
Having never actually bought through DTD, my understanding is that you still buy from the dealer, just at a figure agreed by DTD.
Do you get an order form from the supplying dealer? If so that's the document that you need to check, particularly the back of it.
I got a single pdf sheet from the dealer titled ‘Order Detail’ (there is no back to it). It gives an order number and details the model and options, but doesn’t mention price. I think I’m happy with the DTD letter though. You’re right you pay your deposit through DTD for a Cali at an agreed price (c.12% below list), which DTD confirm in a pdf letter, and then you deal with the dealer until delivery, unless you want to change options in which case DTD provide a new letter and apply the discount. You keep your order number and ‘place in the queue’ (if there is a queue). I think I’m happy with the letter as confirmation of the price. There’s been no indication price rises would be added, in fact the opposite ... “prices will go up on 1 October, so it’ll be worth getting your order in...”

I got a single pdf sheet from the dealer titled ‘Order Detail’ (there is no back to it). It gives an order number and details the model and options, but doesn’t mention price. I think I’m happy with the DTD letter though. You’re right you pay your deposit through DTD for a Cali at an agreed price (c.12% below list), which DTD confirm in a pdf letter, and then you deal with the dealer until delivery, unless you want to change options in which case DTD provide a new letter and apply the discount. You keep your order number and ‘place in the queue’ (if there is a queue). I think I’m happy with the letter as confirmation of the price. There’s been no indication price rises would be added, in fact the opposite ... “prices will go up on 1 October, so it’ll be worth getting your order in...”
Their were two price rises between my order and delivery with DtD, never did they try to change my order price through that period. Only issue was the finance rate offer changing from the dealer at point of collection, however a grown up conversation and that was resolved without any real problem.

Yet another price rise from today, July 01 2021. new prices on the VW website.
1% across the board.

I noticed when you spec the sports styling pack since the price increase it makes you add “edition alloy wheel at a ridiculous cost” I hope my sports styling pack Iv already ordered won’t be any more expensive?

I noticed when you spec the sports styling pack since the price increase it makes you add “edition alloy wheel at a ridiculous cost” I hope my sports styling pack Iv already ordered won’t be any more expensive?
It’s added over £4K to the price of the Sports Pack! Also have to add the Z2C glass. Your price is locked in on order.

My guess is the configurator is set up wrong for that option…

It’s added over £4K to the price of the Sports Pack! Also have to add the Z2C glass. Your price is locked in on order.

I agree, I ordered my vehicle 4 weeks ago so I assume my order would have been accepted at the factory by now. I do hope that’s a mistake. Z2C was a standard addition on the Ocean wasn’t it?

I remember that confuserator... from back in October. Then, you couldn’t tick the extortionate (from memory, close to £4K?!) ‘Edition alloy wheel’ option or the Z2C glazing option (£800?) without ticking the Sports Pack option. When you ticked Sports Pack the wheels and glass were automatically ticked. I remember thinking the expensive Sports Pack was good value if the wheels were £4k!
I’m sure you won’t be charged for individual components of the SP if you also order the SP. Just speak to Drive the Deal, Autoebid or a dealer and ask them to configure it.

I remember that confuserator... from back in October. Then, you couldn’t tick the extortionate (from memory, close to £4K?!) ‘Edition alloy wheel’ option or the Z2C glazing option (£800?) without ticking the Sports Pack option. When you ticked Sports Pack the wheels and glass were automatically ticked. I remember thinking the expensive Sports Pack was good value if the wheels were £4k!
I’m sure you won’t be charged for individual components of the SP if you also order the SP. Just speak to Drive the Deal, Autoebid or a dealer and ask them to configure it.
Interesting, I ordered my vehicle last month including the Sports Styling pack option ticked for £2640.00 (ZEX) I’m just confused about the fact you now have to add the “Edition alloy wheel” . I expect it’s a mistake on the system, won’t be the first time. I only went online to see what the price increases were for July & ended up very confused. Cheers Paul

Interesting, I ordered my vehicle last month including the Sports Styling pack option ticked for £2640.00 (ZEX) I’m just confused about the fact you now have to add the “Edition alloy wheel” . I expect it’s a mistake on the system, won’t be the first time. I only went online to see what the price increases were for July & ended up very confused. Cheers Paul
If the pricing does stick - you won’t see as many Sport Packs that’s for sure.

Like you, I went in to check the pricing and reconcile the % discount (to date). Same spec was £83k!

If the pricing does stick - you won’t see as many Sport Packs that’s for sure.

Like you, I went in to check the pricing and reconcile the % discount (to date). Same spec was £83k!
I just hope the guys at Breeze VW do not charge me additionally as Iv already locked in my order for the spec & paid my deposit. Financially I wouldn’t pay anymore for the vehicle.

I just hope the guys at Breeze VW do not charge me additionally as Iv already locked in my order for the spec & paid my deposit. Financially I wouldn’t pay anymore for the vehicle.
99.9% certain you’re golden. There are provisions in the contract with VW but in all my research to risk assess the same issue - I haven’t found an example of VW enforcing price increases after order and deposit. They probably offset that risk with the opportunity they gain from people getting fed up with delays and cancelling orders - that they can then sell on for future market price.

I’m sure they won’t. Do you have a letter with a final on the road price?
When I ordered, the dealer sighed on my behalf, as the price had gone up 1% 7 days earlier

Back