soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Kennycalifornia
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Weather seams bonkers at present.
Two days ago I was sunbathing in the back garden, today I’m reaching for the Long-johns.

Are we in for an El Niño year...?
How’s the weather system where you are?

65EF3EC5-C467-4C8A-81DA-38C386BA778A.jpeg

It's just this minute started to snow, something normally only seen in the harshest of winters, dec-feb on the South Coast.

We’ve had it all day here.
Snow, sun, snow, wind and sun followed by more snow...
Crazy weather.
Really looking forward to some beautiful spring sunshine.

Germany, same nonsense. Last week 25° C , sunny, beautiful. Since yesterday I have 2-3 inches of snow covering my Cali, as of now -3°C...

Dear ever so young peoples

Take it from Granny, this is not unusual.

I was born in probably the worst winter of the 20th Century. The snow in London did not melt until the end of April and even on my birthday, VE Day, people were slipping and sliding.

In 1953 we had the perfect storm in the North Sea that inundated with tragic loss of life huge swathes of the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK east coast. Nothing has equalled it since.

In 1963 it was so cold for so long that not only did coastal waters freeze but ice remained on the streets in some places for over 100 days.

In 1967 (?) we had the worst avalanche in modern ENGLISH history, Scafell in the Lake District, and it was not winter months but 6 days before the beginning of May.

In 1976 the Manchester Evening News carried a front page entitled "Flaming June" with a picture of snow falling in St Peters square. A week later temperatures started to climb towards the longest and hottest heatwave in UK history.

Just to prove that I occasionally wear an anorak I was invited to an open day for a bus preservation society at Brooklands. It was the 8th April (2008?). It was cancelled due to heavy snowfall,

In 2011 Belgium was gripped by the coldest February since 1947. No relevance really except that it prevented my family coming to visit me when I was in intensive care in Antwerp.

This is not unusual. 2014 was exceptionally cold through to the beginning of May. We then had a stunning summer. Time to polish the BBQ.

Yep, it's just weather. Quite normal. There'll be more along later.

Yep, it's just weather. Quite normal. There'll be more along later.

It is not the warm sunshine or snow which seems exceptional but the sudden change from one to the other which is exceptional.

We are used to rainfall and temperature records being broken, flood warnings one month then hosepipe bans a couple of months later.

But what I cannot recall is 24C max temperature one day then 6C max temperature the next day: an 18C difference in maximum daytime temperatures.

Guys - it is called April! Get a grip! Some old words of advice - NEVER camp with an "R" in the month... unless you have a good heater, a 5 seasons sleeping bag and a large bottle of single malt. ; )

Ive not heard that one before.
But, it made me laugh.

Sure is a small window of opportunity.
God bless our CaliS....

Guys - it is called April! Get a grip! Some old words of advice - NEVER camp with an "R" in the month... unless you have a good heater, a 5 seasons sleeping bag and a large bottle of single malt. ; )
September can deliver some of the best weather. The saying I remember is ‘never cast a clout until May is out’

Two Ronnies weather forecast

It will be cool in Goole,
And dull in Hull,
It will be warm in Benedorme,
With extensive heat in Crete,
It will snow in Moscow ,
Giving gales in Swale,
Low cloud in Stroud ,
Fair in Ayr,
You will be hot in Bankok,
And cold in Mold,
You'll need your boots in Wroot,
Your beret in Ferry,
And if you live in Lissing Down,
Take an Umbrella.

I was born in probably the worst winter of the 20th Century. The snow in London did not melt until the end of April and even on my birthday, VE Day, people were slipping and sliding.

In 1953 we had the perfect storm in the North Sea that inundated with tragic loss of life huge swathes of the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK east coast. Nothing has equalled it since.

In 1963 it was so cold for so long that not only did coastal waters freeze but ice remained on the streets in some places for over 100 days.

In 1967 (?) we had the worst avalanche in modern ENGLISH history, Scafell in the Lake District, and it was not winter months but 6 days before the beginning of May.

In 1976 the Manchester Evening News carried a front page entitled "Flaming June" with a picture of snow falling in St Peters square. A week later temperatures started to climb towards the longest and hottest heatwave in UK history.

Just to prove that I occasionally wear an anorak I was invited to an open day for a bus preservation society at Brooklands. It was the 8th April (2008?). It was cancelled due to heavy snowfall,

In 2011 Belgium was gripped by the coldest February since 1947. No relevance really except that it prevented my family coming to visit me when I was in intensive care in Antwerp.

This is not unusual. 2014 was exceptionally cold through to the beginning of May. We then had a stunning summer. Time to polish the BBQ.
So we can keep driving diesel, excellent!

We usually do the two weeks of Easter in Catalunya, couple of years back the water bottles were frozen every morning and I was making endless hot drinks and hot water bottles for six unhappy campers. That was the first week. The second week was over 30C! Impossible to pack for…

This year we’re limited to travel within the province, weather is a lot more “normal” for the beginning of April. I was running today with my shirt off (sorry for that visual) but at night I’m struggling to find enough clothes to put on, it’s Baltic.

You were born in the 20th Centuryo_O:D

Wow. Those weeds completely destroyed your patio in 2 days!

It actually all needs repointing...
Just another job to add to an endless list. This is the last of many houses I’m renovating. Never again.

Just looking out the window this morning.
It’s now snowing.

Back