Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

230v socket not working

Steeble

Steeble

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
One of the 230v sockets in the rear of 2013 beach isn't working, anyone got an idea of how to sort? I've got 2 sockets next to each other. On ehu the left socket doesn't work but the right one does.

One of the 230v sockets in the rear of 2013 beach isn't working, anyone got an idea of how to sort? I've got 2 sockets next to each other. On ehu the left socket doesn't work but the right one does.
Could you post a photo as as far as I am aware a Beach with Mains Hookup, which was an Option back then, only came with one 230 volt 3 pin mains socket.

May well have been an option but looks like whoever specced it went for a double PXL_20210910_212933061.jpg

It’s a retrofit. Probably just a loose wire on the back. Get a plug tester and it will tell you if there is an issue.

9BD8FB39-4FEC-45B3-85D5-E090C7F44D22.png

Last edited:
yep checked wires coming in and one to the left socket is dead. Does look very much like a retrofit when I take it off. Anyone any idea where cable wold come from before I start pulling trim off

yep checked wires coming in and one to the left socket is dead. Does look very much like a retrofit when I take it off. Anyone any idea where cable wold come from before I start pulling trim off
If the right hand socket is live then its just a replacement socket you need or to just check the interconnecting cables for a bad connection. No need to delve any deeper.

2 sets of wires, one has the power, the other doesnt
2 options then.
1. Check the run of the non- functioning wire back to the connection on the mains RCD, may not be connected.
2. Wire the non-functioning socket to the functioning socket BUT you should still check the non-functioning wire back to its source.

2 options then.
1. Check the run of the non- functioning wire back to the connection on the mains RCD, may not be connected.
2. Wire the non-functioning socket to the functioning socket BUT you should still check the non-functioning wire back to its source.
Yeah, already wired non functional wire to other socket. Socket is fine, just no power in the cable. Assume mains RCD is the bit in the back beside where jack goes

Yeah, already wired non functional wire to other socket. Socket is fine, just no power in the cable. Assume mains RCD is the bit in the back beside where jack goes
That's correct. Just need to check that 2nd cable isn't connected partially.