Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

235/65/17 At tyres on Woodstock wheels

Defender90

Defender90

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi Does anyone know if the Woodstock vw wheels will take a 235/65/17 A/t tyre?.I would like to increase the side wall to help with lifting the van a touch and also help with rough pot holes ,after spending time in skye this winter the roads are terrible.

Hi, your options 215/60R17 or 235/55R17
my choice Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55R17 103H with Woodstock

Rim criteria is more related to tyre width and as you are using the standard 235 width there will be no issue there.

The 65 profile should be OK if not on lowered suspension.

I run 235/60/17 on air suspension and it gets a bit close to front arch outer edge when set low.

the 65 profile tyre will be 23.5mm (thumb width+-) higher than the one you have on now.
You could make a card or piece of wood that thickness and run it around your wheels to see the gap loss.

Quite a few have fitted that size. You'll need to remember that you will be going about 2>3mph faster than indicated.

Have you considered this tyre

Last edited:
Rim criteria is more related to tyre width and as you are using the standard 235 width there will be no issue there.

The 65 profile should be OK if not on lowered suspension.

I run 235/60/17 on air suspension and it gets a bit close to front arch outer edge when set low.

the 65 profile tyre will be 23.5mm (thumb width+-) higher than the one you have on now.
You could make a card or piece of wood that thickness and run it around your wheels to see the gap loss.

Quite a few have fitted that size. You'll need to remember that you will be going about 2>3mph faster than indicated.

Have you considered this tyre

That looks a good compromise and might go in the wheel carrier

That looks a good compromise and might go in the wheel carrier
Yes goes in carrier as I've got that size in there.

I've got this cheaper tyre than the Agilis but think that I'll fit the Agilis next time.

Deals on Michelin from time to time on Blackcircles.

Back